by John Barry
I think I've waited long enough,
Let enough time go by,
To know just what I need in my life.
When I look at you right now,
My heart is telling me why,
You're the only one for me.
And tonight, if you let me ask you this,
With Heaven as my witness:
Will you marry me?
I wanna be with you for all eternity.
I swear my love for you will always be
Here on bended knee,
Baby, I'm asking please,
Will you marry me?
On March 31, 2006, Mike took me to Temple Square and while I was taking pictures of the beautiful flowers, he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. Actually, let's rewind. He took me to Temple Square and while I was taking pictures of the beautiful flowers, he told me he had something for me and asked if I wanted it. I said yes, of course. He pulled out a gift, wrapped in Winnie the Pooh, Christmas wrapping paper. And handed it to me. He then explained that he'd told Spencer (his 5 year old son) he had a present for me and showed it to him. Spencer wanted it to be from both of them and told Mike they needed to wrap it. (Thus the Winnie the Pooh, Christmas wrapping paper). I opened the present to reveal a small velvet jewelry box. I opened the box and the gorgeous sparkling ring was inside. Mike just stood there. Finally I said, "Well, are you gonna ask me something?" He began but I stopped him and said, "Well, you need to get down on your knee!" (I guess this is the problem with letting little girls dream of their proposal...then they get demanding when it actually happens!) At last, he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him.
This is real life. The truth is, I'm not that great at it. But this is it, and it is my life. You want me to post pictures of what I wear every day? You'd have a collaboration of different yoga pants, and oversized t-shirts--some worn multiple days in a row {cringe}! You want to know my toddler lunch meal ideas? They often vary between dino nuggets, pb&j, or ravioli--but hey, at least it's the frozen kind and not Chef Boyardee...although that has made a few appearances! You want pictures of my home decor? Well my house is usually a mess. There are dishes in the sink and laundry to be put away. Most days, with my two crazy sidekicks calling the shots, I don't have time to shower, and rarely even do my hair {am I really admitting this in a public forum?!}! But this is life, and it is my life. And I'm lucky enough to get to share it with an amazing husband and the 3 cutest kids in the world, so no matter how you look it, I'm the luckiest!
Saturday, November 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment