This is real life. The truth is, I'm not that great at it. But this is it, and it is my life. You want me to post pictures of what I wear every day? You'd have a collaboration of different yoga pants, and oversized t-shirts--some worn multiple days in a row {cringe}! You want to know my toddler lunch meal ideas? They often vary between dino nuggets, pb&j, or ravioli--but hey, at least it's the frozen kind and not Chef Boyardee...although that has made a few appearances! You want pictures of my home decor? Well my house is usually a mess. There are dishes in the sink and laundry to be put away. Most days, with my two crazy sidekicks calling the shots, I don't have time to shower, and rarely even do my hair {am I really admitting this in a public forum?!}! But this is life, and it is my life. And I'm lucky enough to get to share it with an amazing husband and the 3 cutest kids in the world, so no matter how you look it, I'm the luckiest!

Friday, May 2, 2008

"Someone Else's Life"

By Jodee Messina

She waived the nine to five a big goodbye,
She just got tired
Of living someone else's life


I quit my job yesterday. I guess it's a pretty long story but the short of it is that we told our 6 year old that we were going to take a family vacation to Disneyland. Then my boss said I couldn't have it off, not because of my own work, but because I needed to cover for someone else while they were on vacation. The whole reason I took the medical records position and did not stay doing phones and front desk was so that I could take vacation when my family wanted to go. Then the FIRST time that it comes up, they wouldn't let me take vacation. That was a little outrageous. So I had to quit. Plus I am hoping to go back to school in the fall and I'd have to cut my hours back at work if I kept working. She told me that I could not do this either, again not because of my own work, but because I needed to be available to work for other people. This, however, was not what was said when I took the position so it is a bit frustrating. When I took the position I was told that the reason why my cross-training on all positions was necessary was so that when they were "desperate" that I could cover. Instead I have been stuck covering for something 2-3 of the 4 days a week that I work. In the last about 10 years they've never had someone doing this position who was cross trained. The person doing this position worked 5 days a week and still was behind on their work. The girl I took over from was actually 3 months behind. I came in, got caught up in less that one week, and stayed caught up. My turn around rate is usually same day, but at times next day, unless for some reason the request is not given to me when it is received, at which time it obviously takes longer. Anyway, part of me was totally bummed and I actually cried when I quit because I honestly didn't want to quit. But perhaps it is for the best. My neighbor who is over medical records at another healthcare organization told me that if I ever quit this job they'd love to have me. Also I've been offered a few nannying positions. I would also like to try working somewhere that does photography, whether for a private photography studio, or for a franchise such as Inkley's just to get a little more experience in photography. Then again, it might be nice to just have some time off to enjoy summer and fix my house up with a new coat of paint and cute decor! Also maybe that'll give me a chance to spend more time at the gym and get in shape like we all know I desperately need! :)

1 comment:

Jessica Adams said...

You know I'm still bitter at you because you're leaving. ;)
(mostly because you get to leave before me.)
I love you tons and will miss you. You're not even gone yet and I miss you!
You better stay in touch with me through the e-mail, blog, etc because I WILL stalk you otherwise! ;) (I'm keeping the phone list with your number on it, you have no excuse!)