If I were a painting
Captured on canvas
Alone in the portrait I would stand
And brush strokes bold
Yet soft as a whisper
The work of a feminine hand
A few weeks ago I stayed with my sister Stephanie and helped her paint her 3 sons' room. She is having a baby girl in a few days (the first girl) and the 3 boys are going to be sharing a room. It was a really great opportunity to get to spend time with her because I feel like since I got married we haven't been nearly as close as we used to be and I've missed her a lot. Her husband and 3 sons were out of town so it was just the two of us. I had a really great time and I think the room turned out great! I have always admired Stephanie's creativity and it was a lot of fun to see it all at work. Two of the walls in the room have bead board which we painted red. The third wall we painted with large circles in green, red, and blue with the background in a tanish color called "peanut butter." On the last wall we painted large squares with every other one (like a checkerboard) with sheet metal attached and the in between squares in green, red, and blue. (In the pictures a few of the squares are missing the sheet metal and are just painted tan. The sheet metal will be added to those squares also, but had to be resized.) It is so creative and fun! The sheet metal will be a lot of fun to use magnets on to hold up art work or to use dry erase markers on! Anyway, here are some pictures of our work:


3 comments:
That is SO cute! What a fun idea! I'm sure it took FOREVER to do but it looks like it was worth it!
What a cute room. Give me a call. We need to talk. I can't believe you were in town and you didn't call. I am hurt. just kidding
So cute! I love this room. I miss decorating.
Post a Comment