This is real life. The truth is, I'm not that great at it. But this is it, and it is my life. You want me to post pictures of what I wear every day? You'd have a collaboration of different yoga pants, and oversized t-shirts--some worn multiple days in a row {cringe}! You want to know my toddler lunch meal ideas? They often vary between dino nuggets, pb&j, or ravioli--but hey, at least it's the frozen kind and not Chef Boyardee...although that has made a few appearances! You want pictures of my home decor? Well my house is usually a mess. There are dishes in the sink and laundry to be put away. Most days, with my two crazy sidekicks calling the shots, I don't have time to shower, and rarely even do my hair {am I really admitting this in a public forum?!}! But this is life, and it is my life. And I'm lucky enough to get to share it with an amazing husband and the 3 cutest kids in the world, so no matter how you look it, I'm the luckiest!

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

"ABC's"

A-B-C-D-E-F-G
H-I-J-K-L-M-N-O-P
Q-R-S, T-U-V,
W-X, Y and Z
Now I know my ABC's
Next time won't you sing with me?


Today was our first of two open houses for the preschool. It's pretty much for anyone who wants to just come and check out the preschool and see if they'd be interested in signing up, and also for those who are already signed up so they can come and meet the teacher and get their new school bag, etc. If anyone reading this is looking for a preschool for their little one age 3 or 4, feel free to come check us out next Monday from 10-12. You can visit our website for details at www.whispercreekpreschool.com.

The open house was fun and it actually went a lot more smoothly than I had expected it to. When the first mom and kid came in it was just really awkward and I thought there was no way that she'd sign her kid up, but by the time she left he was all signed up and ready for school! We only had I think 5 kids and families come in today. We had Dalton, Keyan, Cash, Hailey, and I don't remember the name of the last one...

Keyan and Cash were really shy. Keyan was absolutely adorable and clung to his Dad like crazy. He seems like the sweetest kid! Cash's mom expressed a concern about him doing well in preschool because he is so shy. When I heard that I took it as a challenge and while she spoke with Miss Terri (my boss), I went straight to Cash and his older brother Conner and started up a game of Memory with them. I had Cash talking to me in no time. Not a whole lot, but talking nonetheless, and having a lot of fun too. He was laughing and having a great time. I really hope she signs him up and not only signs him up but puts him in the afternoon class (my class). I would really love to help bring him out of his shell.

Hailey was a cutie too and was shy as well, but not as much as the boys. Unfortunately she's only 3 so isn't old enough to be in my class. When she is old enough (if I'm still there) she'll probably be in Miss Leslie's class because they're neighbors. Speaking of Miss Leslie, I met her for the first time today. She was so cute and I think we'll get along great! I am really excited to be working with her and learning more from her and Miss Terri about teaching.

Lastly, Dalton. (First of all I must say I love that name! I have thought of a lot of girl names that if we had a baby I'd like to name her however no boy names have stuck with me until today I just love Dalton! Those of you reading this had better not steal that name from me although it may be quite a while until we are able to use it for ourselves.) He was the first one there and was so adorably cute! He loved looking at the fish and wanted to stay by him most of the time! :) He was so sharp and observant! He's only 3 so he'll be in Miss Terri's class (bummer!) but maybe if I'm still around next year I'll get him! :) Anyway, we finally got him pulled away from the fish and he cooked me an egg in the oven (at our little play kitchen) and game me some lemonade to drink. Then we played blocks. While we were playing blocks I asked him what we were making. He told me we were building a temple. :) I wasn't sure if I had heard him right and said, "We're building a what?" He replied, "It's a temple. And when we're done, we're going to go inside. Then I can marry you!" Ooh melt my heart! He was SOOO adorable!

2 comments:

Alex said...

Ok first of all I am sorry we never wrote back. I went through our comment page to find you guys so we could add you to our blog list but then I couldn't find the comment. 2nd of all, it took us a year too and I can totally understand what you are going through! It is sooo discouraging and you get sick of hearing that everyone else is pregnant. You are exited just jealous right? But now that we are pregnant it seems like it goes by so fast. If you want to vent about it you can write me an email on facebook. Good luck!!

Steph said...

Don't count on the kids that are shy with their parents around actually being shy in class. Some will be, but it's always surprising the difference in behavior once the parents are gone.