This is real life. The truth is, I'm not that great at it. But this is it, and it is my life. You want me to post pictures of what I wear every day? You'd have a collaboration of different yoga pants, and oversized t-shirts--some worn multiple days in a row {cringe}! You want to know my toddler lunch meal ideas? They often vary between dino nuggets, pb&j, or ravioli--but hey, at least it's the frozen kind and not Chef Boyardee...although that has made a few appearances! You want pictures of my home decor? Well my house is usually a mess. There are dishes in the sink and laundry to be put away. Most days, with my two crazy sidekicks calling the shots, I don't have time to shower, and rarely even do my hair {am I really admitting this in a public forum?!}! But this is life, and it is my life. And I'm lucky enough to get to share it with an amazing husband and the 3 cutest kids in the world, so no matter how you look it, I'm the luckiest!

Sunday, August 24, 2008

"Change"

by Blind Melon

I know we all can't stay here forever,
So I want to write my words on the face of today.
And then they'll paint it
And oh as I fade away,
They'll all look at me and they'll say,
Hey look at him and where he is these days.
When life is hard, you have to change.

So I thought it was a good time to make a change. Therefore I decided that I am going to start changing up my backgrounds now and then. I really really liked the one that I used to have but it's more exciting if we change it up a bit. So for now we have this back to school background. I am sure you can all figure out why we're using it!

Tomorrow Spencer starts the 2nd grade! He is growing up so fast! This is the first year that he won't be at the same school as his brother Garrett and he is a little worried about that. He adores Garrett and wants to be just like him. Now Garrett will be in junior high. Spencer is excited about a new school year though and we know he'll do great! We just wish we could be there for more of it.

Next Tuesday I start back up in school and I am completely and utterly overwhelmed about it! I am so nervous. I'll be going to BYU. Yes, I know I am a traitor through and through going to the Y, then the U, and now back to the Y. I am still a U of U fan, and will be until the day I die; it was instilled in me at birth, but I feel more comfortable at the Y because I've spent more time there and right now I really need some comfort. College is extermely stressful for me. Also, there are just some classes at BYU that you really cannot get anywhere else in the world and I really want to take those classes.

Next Wednesday I start teaching preschool. I am totally stressed about that too. I have not written any lesson plans because I really am just at a loss for what I am supposed to be doing! But hopefully that'll change soon! :) I talked to my sister Stephanie tonight who is an AMAZING preschool teacher and she gave me some great ideas that I loved!

Tonight Mike gave Spencer and I both back-to-school blessings. Spencer's father's blessing was amazing and so wonderful. I had Spencer write in his journal about it after it was over and I think it really helped him to take it in. I was surprised to see how much he remembered. My husband's blessing was wonderful. I was blessed that I would be able to handle all of this which is really something I am worried about right now. I was also blessed that I will be healthy and be able to get pregnant which is not something that Mike was planning on blessing me for at all so that was a very welcome and comforting surprise.

I am so blessed to have a worthy husband who holds and honors his priesthood. I am so thankful for Mike and all he does every day. He has been so great this week! I've been babysitting our neighbor kids ages 2, 4, and 7 all week during the days 8-5 and I've really been enjoying it, they're really cute kids; however, it is definitely a lot of work going from either no kids, or one extremely easy kid to having 3 kids or 4 (when we have Spencer). Anyway, Mike knows I've been stressed and trying to make it fun for the kids (therefore not spending much time at home taking care of my household duties) and he has been so helpful. He has offered to clean the kitchen, do the dishes, etc. He even surprised me and cleaned the master bathroom thoroughly. He scrubbed the tub and cleaned off the counters, cleaned the mirrors, etc! He is awesome. The other day we found a toad in our window well (we sleep in the basement in the summer because our bedroom is hot). I've been wanting to clean out the window wells for a while so Mike went out there to retrieve the toad and decided to clean out the window well. In the process he found 4 more toads in there ranging from the size of his fist to the size of a quarter! Then yesterday he made a grocery store trip for me and completed the whole shopping list and brought me home a dozen roses in addition! I am so thankful for Mike and all he does for me!

4 comments:

Claudine said...

Very cute background! Good luck with school and the great balancing act - you'll do great! I miss college and being able to stretch my mind and just think. How much longer do you have left?

Perry's said...

What a great husband. I am excited for you with school and teaching. you will do great at both. I can't wait till you tell me your pregnant. I am going to ask you now. I want to throw you a shower when you do get pregnant ok? how are you changing your Blog. I don't know how to add cute backgrounds. Let me know how you are doing it.

Perry's said...

I have two other kids that I watch. There mom wont let them go swimming. Blair will be home on Thursday. We have a pool at our Condo. Would you want to come swimming here and I will tell Blair to watch the other two while Hannah and I swim?

corrine said...

heather, i loved reading this post about what's been going on in your life! you know me... i feel EXACTLY the same way about being a UTE fan but loving school at the Y. ute football is just better. period. haha. i really admire you for going back to school and finishing. so many girls dont do that after they're married. what are you majoring in again? i cant remember. well like i said i love your updates and its fun to hear about your life! oh, and PS - you are and always have been such a good writer. i love how much you put into what you write!