I just thought I'd record some of the cute and funny things Spencer has said throughout the years that I just love! The first one happened just the other day and I was cracking up! Spencer is really good at reading, but sometimes he wants to know the answer so fast that he doesn't look closely enough to sound it out. Also in this situation we were driving so the buildings were passing relatively quickly and he tried to read it as fast as possible. We were driving out to one of his football game and we drove past my old office at the Taylorsville health center. Across the street from the health center is a Baptist church. I pointed at the Health center but Spencer thought I was pointing at the church and confusedly he asked, "You worked at the Bibble Bastist Crunch?!" The name of the church (if you hadn't already guessed, was the Bible Baptist Church). I could not stop laughing about that! Another funny but even interesting one that had to do with reading and spelling happened yesterday. He was trying to make decorations for the house and he asked me how to spell Trick-or-Treat. I told him he needed to sound it out. So he worked on it for a sec and then I asked how he spelled trick. He responded, "C-H..." I said, "WHAT? C-H? NO! Spencer think about it, it's trick not chrick." But as I said both words they honestly sounded EXACTLY the same! The T sound with and R and the Ch sound with an R are so similar I had never thought of that! Weird...
One of my all time favorites happened a year or so when we were first married and it had to do with music. He has a lot of ideas about what different songs say that are so funny, but this one was my favorite. He and I were alone in the car together and we were listening to the Pocahontas song "Just around the River Bend." He was singing along to it and was saying "For a handsome dirty husband who builds handsome dirty walls..." I was CRACKING UP! For those of you who don't know the song says "For a handsome sturdy husband who builds handsome sturdy walls." :)
The cutest thing he's ever said though wasn't really a "Spencerism" but an observation. It was right after Mike an I got married and the 3 of us were riding in the car together. Spencer just randomly said, "We're a family now." :) It was so sweet. He then went on to explain how we're a family because there is a Dad, a Mom and a kid now. :) I love that boy! I think I may have quoted that line before on this blog, but it doesn't hurt to say it again. That was one of the greatest moments of my life!
2 comments:
HE is so cute. I can't believe how big he is getting. I love all the little things kids say. You should keep a journal of them all if you already are not.
Love that Spencer. We don't get to see enough of you guys!
Post a Comment