This is real life. The truth is, I'm not that great at it. But this is it, and it is my life. You want me to post pictures of what I wear every day? You'd have a collaboration of different yoga pants, and oversized t-shirts--some worn multiple days in a row {cringe}! You want to know my toddler lunch meal ideas? They often vary between dino nuggets, pb&j, or ravioli--but hey, at least it's the frozen kind and not Chef Boyardee...although that has made a few appearances! You want pictures of my home decor? Well my house is usually a mess. There are dishes in the sink and laundry to be put away. Most days, with my two crazy sidekicks calling the shots, I don't have time to shower, and rarely even do my hair {am I really admitting this in a public forum?!}! But this is life, and it is my life. And I'm lucky enough to get to share it with an amazing husband and the 3 cutest kids in the world, so no matter how you look it, I'm the luckiest!

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Cougar Fight Song

I cannot believe that I've only had one comment on the Cougar Fight Song that plays whenever anyone accesses our blog! And I'm surprised that that one comment took so long to come!

First of all if you know me, you know I am not one to have the Cougar Fight Song blairing on my blog page. I've grown up a Ute through and through. And yes, for those of you who are wondering, I will be clad in the color RED this weekend for the BYU-UTAH game! And that is also what our son Spencer will be wearing. I've been purposely keeping him from taking home (to his mom's house) his Utah flag football jersey so that he could wear it for the game. :)

Although I am a Ute sports fan, I do support BYU in sports and I am currently attending college there. I have a BYU sweatshirt, etc which I'll wear any day, UNLESS OF COURSE THEY ARE PLAYING THE U.

Some of the members in my wonderful family are crazy about the whole BYU-UTAH thing and get a little upset by even the mention BYU. Others just get upset by a POSITIVE mention of BYU. For them, this song has been playing on our blog. :) Of course it was Mike (my BYU-through-and-through husband) who suggested the idea and got me to put it on. We were just going to keep it there for a few days til we heard about it from my family, but no one said anything and we kept it.

The fight song will soon be taken off of our blog and I just thought I'd draw all of your attention to it before it leaves. :) I am a cougar, and I am proud to be a cougar. I do love BYU. There are OF COURSE things that bother me about BYU and ways in which I think it is a CRAZY school! But it is great. I love the atmosphere, and the morals behind what keeps it going. I am very glad I am attending that school and know there is nowhere else on earth where I could be having those same experiences. I love the religious aspect of my classes and how it strengthens my testimony. It is however not for everyone. In my heart though, I will always be a UTE, and no matter what our families do to change that, my fight song will forever be...

UTAH MAN SIR, A UTAH MAN AM I!
A UTAH MAN SIR, AND WILL BE TIL I DIE!
KI YI!

4 comments:

Emily said...

I'll just say this...I'm glad there is a mute button on my laptop! Because as soon as the circus music started I had to hit it! haha Bryce heard it and said, 'Who's blog are you looking at?' When I said Heather's he couldn't believe you would allow it on here. It's gonna be a good game and.........GO UTES!!!

Megan & David said...

I bleed blue! Go Cougars!!! lol

Powell Family said...

Heather, you shame your family. Just kidding--sort-of. I am in charge of decorations for our ward's annual Red and Blue breakfast for Saturday.I had to make a poster that said GO COUGARS! I did however use more glitter on the U poster and there will be six blue tablecloths and eight red. I slighted it to my favor. :)

Shooting Star said...

Luckily I look at your blog from work and the volume is off or I would have called you out! One thing I will always remember about your house, well I will probably remember most of your house cause I have probably spent more time there than any other place I have lived, is the light switch that says "Utah turns me on, BYU turns me off!" Where can I get a few of those? Looks like the two of us picked Y fans for husbands. :)