Up the streets we'll trick-or-treat!And dance beneath the moonlight!
We'll beware if there's a scare...
BOO! What a fright!
I had to at least put up this post before I could change the blog background to Thanksgiving! Maybe I'll be able to cover the rest of Halloween too...we'll see. Our preschool Halloween party was so much fun! The kids all looked so great and had a great time! I must give a big thanks to the parents who volunteered to help with the party. Melissa, Sydney, and Brooke you guys are awesome! Also a big thanks to Brooklyn and Bella's sisters, you were a big help too! Anyway, let's get to some pictures!

Then we have our hero, SUPERMAN! Also adorning his Clark Kent glasses! Austin!

Next is our tiny little lady bug, Ashley!


Now we have little miss Kate, riding a unicorn!
And don't forget our favorite girl from TV, we have Kai Ping as Dora the Explorer! (I had to include 2 pictures on this one because you all have to see the cute backpack!


For the cutest witch I've EVER seen...Megan! (Again, I just had to post 2!)

And last but certainly not least, we have our very own flapper girl, Isabella!
Here are good friends, Austin, Patience, and Ashley.
The moms and sisters who volunteered were truly amazing! Here's Bella's mom and sisters at station 1 doing bingo and musical chairs! 
At station 2 here's Megan's mom. She helped the kids decorate cookies and then read them Halloween stories! She even did a great job at attempting "Shake Dem Halloween Bones!" :) 
Our 3rd station was done by Brooklyn's cute mom and sister, but unfortunately the only picture I got of that station had the kids mobbed so close around them that you couldn't see them, so I didn't post it! At that station they played 2 different bean bag toss games, one into a jack-o-lantern and another into a ghost! The kids had a blast!
After our party we took the kids out front for our Halloween program. The parents all came and watched as the kids performed their best! It turned out actually a lot better than I had thought. I worried that the wind and the weather would make it hard to hear the kids but everyone seemed pleased and the kids sang great! My wonderful husband, Mike, took these pictures for me!
I love this picture because they all look so ready to sing. I love the look on Austin, our tough Superman's face! He's just right ready!
This one is our song called, "False Face." So they've all got their cute witch masks up!
This next one is the beginning of my favorite song! Thanks to my awesome sister Stephanie who let me use some of her best Halloween preschool songs! This is "Moans and Groans and Skeleton Bones." In the beginning I tell the kids to fold their arms and look up and away like they're the bravest kids in the world! The beginning sounds and music are a little spooky, so I told them that their parents and brothers and sisters would probably be scared but that we were going to be brave. So here are THE BRAVEST KIDS IN THE WORLD!
This last picture is of them screaming "BOO!" at the end of our song "6 Little Ghosts." The song is adorable and the kids especially liked being able to scream "boo" as loud as they could! :)
I especially love this picture because of the looks on their faces! It's the best. I like how you can see the beginning of Dora the Explorer aka Kai Ping's dimples on her face as she tries not to laugh! Kate, on her unicorn, would scream her little guts out! I love this one of Ashley thought because it really shows how into these songs she gets. For those of you who don't know Ashley, she is one of the quietest girls I've ever known (the only other one I can think of is her little sister Alyssa who is one of my nursery kids). She hardly speaks a word unless you address her specifically, and even then it's a little difficult. But when we get up to sing, boy does that girl know the words! She belts out every word and sings every note! I put her right in the center because she helps the other kids to remember the words and to sing loud! :) I love it!
As you might be able to see, I was dressed as a bumble bee. I had yellow stripes across my front with antennas and a stinger (which are both white because Walmart had no black pipe cleaners)! However, I am not including any upclose pictures of myself because I forgot to wear makeup that day. Seriously, you may ask, "How on earth can she forget to wear makeup to the biggest day of preschool so far..." but I did! (Probably because it WAS the most important day of preschool so far and I was so stressed! I didn't even notice I'd forgotten until I saw the pictures Mike had taken at the program!) I also forgot something else... At the party Bella's cute mom said, "Ooh we have the cutest pair of black and yellow bee wings at our house, you should borrow them." I then replied, "WINGS! I knew I forgot something!" That is how big of a basket case I was that week! Ahh! Atleast it was a lot of fun, and now it's over! :) Phew, my 1st American preschool program (in which I am not a preschooler) is now behind me! I am totally on my way to becoming a pro at this! ;)
4 comments:
Fun! I like your "bookshelf" idea on your blog. As an English teacher, this has to go on my blog! Hey, do you ever get together with Marci?
Cute kids!
Looks like you're having a blast with preschool. The kids are so cute.
Cute kids! I'm sure you would do awesome in Human development. I was torn between those two as well and then I got pregnant. That solved my problem. :) You would do great at photography as well though! Yes, I do use photoshop. I love it. If you ended up buying it, I would love to show you what I know. It's not a lot but it would be better than nothing! :) And p.s. I agree with your last post!
Post a Comment