This is real life. The truth is, I'm not that great at it. But this is it, and it is my life. You want me to post pictures of what I wear every day? You'd have a collaboration of different yoga pants, and oversized t-shirts--some worn multiple days in a row {cringe}! You want to know my toddler lunch meal ideas? They often vary between dino nuggets, pb&j, or ravioli--but hey, at least it's the frozen kind and not Chef Boyardee...although that has made a few appearances! You want pictures of my home decor? Well my house is usually a mess. There are dishes in the sink and laundry to be put away. Most days, with my two crazy sidekicks calling the shots, I don't have time to shower, and rarely even do my hair {am I really admitting this in a public forum?!}! But this is life, and it is my life. And I'm lucky enough to get to share it with an amazing husband and the 3 cutest kids in the world, so no matter how you look it, I'm the luckiest!

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

"Exams Must Come"

by Sweet Indigo

Comfy duvet,
What am I waking for
It's a new day,
but I must sleep some more...
Another lecture
That I did not attend
Do it next year,
That's what I pretend...

I will fail, my friends
Exams must come, Exams must come
I'll face it with a groan
I don't want to go home
Bring on exams

Ooh, stay up all night, and barely write
I really have to fight to carry on
Bring on exams, Bring on exams
Exams, exams must come...

Just in case you couldn't tell by the title and lyrics, it is currently finals week at BYU. AHHH! I found these lyrics online and just had to include them! I have 4 big finals this week and I have taken 2 so far. I took my New Testament exam which was a killer and I was the most nervous about that one of all of them. I studied a lot and got an 84%. When I was taking it I felt I was doing better than that, but still 84% is amazingly good for me especially with that class. I also took my Introduction to Family Processes class and got a 90% which I was pretty dang happy about I must say. I was actually disappointed when I first saw the score, but I am happy with it now. :)

Tomorrow (or today actually seeing as how it is after midnight) I will be taking the Strengthening Marriage and Family exam and also my Statistics exam. I am worried. I need to study for stats some more before I'm ready but as far as Marr and Fam goes, I really don't even know what to study. The other day my really smart friend took it and got a freaking 67%. I am NOT looking forward to that exam. It is 100 questions. Who the heck asks 100 questions on Strengthening Marriage and Family??! I mean really! It's pathetic. The guy who taught it was a really cool guy and as a person I really liked him. But as a teacher for that particular topic, I've gotta say it, he sucked! Okay, seriously though, he usually teaches recreation classes and biking and stuff and I felt like we were in a "family recreation" class or something because that is ALL he talked about. Our exam is open notes, but that doesn't help at all because he never covered anything we needed to know in class! Even if we wrote down everything verbatim from what he said in class, they still wouldn't help! Oh well, WISH ME LUCK!

Also, tomorrow is our preschool Christmas program. Yeah, talk about a STRESSFUL WEEK! I am excited for the program and I am so glad that I have Leslie there to help me with everything (our classes are combining for it), but I actually think I like doing the programs better on my own. Because then I can decide stuff. Leslie asked me to choreograph the actions to the songs and so I did and my kids love them and are sooo cute but I found out today that we might just have to do whatever Leslie's class does. It's totally fine, I'm just a little bummed. However, Leslie has been SOOO great because she has arranged all the props, etc and seeing as how I've had my hands a little full with finals, etc. she's pretty much been handling everything.

Anyway, tomorrow is a big day, so everyone pray for my successes tomorrow. :)

1 comment:

angela said...

Heather, I hope it all went well. I have a very funny video clip of Lizzie at her Christmas program that I will send you. We miss you guys! Love you!