I decided to write in this lovely color because this is the color I see when I cough and blow my nose...just kidding. Actually I'm not really kidding because it's true but we'll pretend I'm kidding because that's really gross. I've been really horribly sick this week and had to cancel tutoring all week so far. I didn't go to school on Tuesday or to work on Wednesday. Today, Thursday, I am back at school and really wish I weren't, but it stunk being cooped up in the house too. I had to come to school today though because I have an essay due in my parenting class. I completely BSed the essay so we'll see how I do on it. It was an application essay and I chose the option to interview someone from another country on parenting and compare and contrast it to my own upbringing. I read the articles on the topic, interviewed Ting who lives across the street, and wrote the 3 page essay all in less than two an a half hours. I doubt I'll do too well but I feel like crap so oh well.
Anyway, I have a nasty sinus infection. My doctor was all booked so I had to see a different doctor in her office on Monday and she gave me an antibiotic but wouldn't even test me for strep because she said it didn't matter because she was giving me an antibiotic anyway. That kindof bugged me because I'd at least like to know what I have. What is the problem with healthcare these days? It really is a joke. I don't think that the healthcare reform that our government seems to think will solve our issues is the answer, but nonetheless, it is still pretty messed up. Anyway, before the doctor came into see me the nurse did jam the stupid swab down my throat. I gagged and choked and all that good stuff while she got her sample but did it anyway because I want to get better. Then after all that hassle, the doctor comes in, prescribes me an antibiotic, says I "probably" have a sinus infection and says goodbye. When I asked when I'd get the
results of the strep-test she said they weren't going to send it in (and looked at me like I was stupid) because she was already giving me an antibiotic so it didn't matter if I had it or not. Ugh, so explain to me WHY IN THE WORLD YOU HAD YOUR NURSE SHOVE A SWAB DOWN MY THROAT IF YOU WEREN'T GOING TO TEST IT ANYWAY??! I was a little bothered but at least I am on an antibiotic now. I was also bothered because I'd been feeling a little sick for a while before this sinus infection came on and I wanted to talk to her about that, but when she came in she asked, "What is your worst symptom today?" Then she wouldn't even LET me talk about anything else. I understand she is busy, but what is the point of going to the doctor in the first place if they won't even listen to what is wrong. We might as well just be able to prescribe our own RX's if all it takes is a look in my throat to see I have a sinus infection. I could've told you that from the color of this post...At any rate, I am back at school now and I am feeling a bit better. I slept for pretty much 3 days straight. The doctor said that she's been seeing a lot of these sinus infections so I hope for all of your sake that you do not get it. It's a nasty one and lasts extra long. Everyone stay faithful on your Vitamin C and Lysine and hopefully you're stay healthy this season! Love you all!

4 comments:
Sad, i'm sorry you're sick. being sick is the worst!
Heather, I'm sorry you're sick. Dave has a bad sinus infection too, it sucks. That doctor sounds terrible. No wonder she was available instead of your regular doctor! Hope you feel better soon.
I am sorry you are sick. I had the same thing the last two months of being pregnant with Rya. Has soon as she was born it went away within a few hours. I was reading your blog thinking, Maybe she is pregnant. I keep waiting for that post. :)
My coworker has the same thing. She has been sick since Friday and didn't come in on Monday or Tuesday, which I was happy for. I don't want to get that! Although green is my favorite color, I prefer it on other things. :) I hope you get feeling better soon.
Post a Comment