I'm going there someday
To feel the Holy Spirit
To listen and to pray
For the temple is the House of God
A place of love and beauty
I'll prepare myself while I am young
This is my sacred duty.
Last night Mike and I had the opportunity to take Spencer through the Draper Temple open house. It was an amazing experience. The temple is absolutely beautiful, especially inside. The outer granite was imported from China and the inner limestone was imported from France. The gorgeous wood inside was imported from Africa. It is all so beautiful and the architecture is so intricate and magnificent.Spencer had lots of questions and was the most excited about the mirrors in the sealing room that showed our family going on forever. :) He really liked that idea. He also loved all the lights. The chandeliers truly were astonishingly gorgeous.
It was such a neat experience to get to go there with Spencer. He was so excited to be there. I cannot wait until the day we get to go through the temple with him again when he is getting ready to go on his mission. Each time we trekked up the stairs in the temple Spencer would say, "I feel like I am walking up to Heaven." It was so sweet. His faith and innocence is so powerful. I know that he knows that the temple truly is the House of God and I know he felt the spirit there. When we entered the magnificent Celestial Room he said that he thinks that is what Heaven will be like and said it really felt like heaven to him. When Mike took Spencer home last night, as they were walking into the house Spencer said, "I really did feel something special at the temple tonight." I am so grateful for the gospel in our lives and for the knowledge that we have that our families can be together forever. I am so grateful for temples and for the ordinances that take place there. I am grateful that Mike and I have been married for time and all eternity in one of the Holy Temples of the Lord and that no earthly power can ever break that assunder. To any of you have not yet had the opportunity to go through the open house I would highly recommend you get tickets to take your family. It is a wonderful experience.

7 comments:
I would love that! We should go together for sure! Love your pictures of the new temple and cute post!
It looks beautiful. We are going through on tuesday (the only night we had free) I'm way excited
It is amazing! But you forgot to say that your favorite part was after at the church and having some random person give you a little "tap"! haha I'm so glad I got to see you!!!! It's been way to long and you better be calling me! Love ya!!!
you didn't actually take pictures yourself inside did you?
Ooooh, it looks so pretty. And Spencer is the cutest!
I have another blog called babyjanecardsandcrafts.blogspot.com its where i put all the pictures of the cards and crafts i make and you can order them if you like any. Hope you like looking at it.
You are so sweet to offer to babysit for me! Don't worry about the other night. It was nice to catch up with you and forget about the last few days I'd been having. I love coming VT so I can get to know you better!
Post a Comment