This is real life. The truth is, I'm not that great at it. But this is it, and it is my life. You want me to post pictures of what I wear every day? You'd have a collaboration of different yoga pants, and oversized t-shirts--some worn multiple days in a row {cringe}! You want to know my toddler lunch meal ideas? They often vary between dino nuggets, pb&j, or ravioli--but hey, at least it's the frozen kind and not Chef Boyardee...although that has made a few appearances! You want pictures of my home decor? Well my house is usually a mess. There are dishes in the sink and laundry to be put away. Most days, with my two crazy sidekicks calling the shots, I don't have time to shower, and rarely even do my hair {am I really admitting this in a public forum?!}! But this is life, and it is my life. And I'm lucky enough to get to share it with an amazing husband and the 3 cutest kids in the world, so no matter how you look it, I'm the luckiest!

Thursday, March 19, 2009

I'm not LOSING it...it's LOST!

I am officially losing my mind...wait...that would be an understatement. It's LOST!

My doctor took me off all of my medications. That includes my sleeping pills which I don't sleep an ounce without and my ADD pills which I don't concentrate an ounce without, among others. I haven't slept for 3 days and feel like CRAP! I just want to curl up under the desk and go to sleep, yet at the same time I want to run to the bathroom and puke my guts, and also feel very hungry.

So...today has been an interesting day. Since going off all my meds, today is my first full day at school because I've been horribly sick and in and out of doctors offices every day. I also haven't been to work. So I get to school pretty darn close to on time this morning and suffer my way through my first class and make it to my writing-lab appointment on time. The dude at the writing lab goes over my paper for my parenting class which was due a few days ago but my TA gave me a couple of extra days because of my medical situation. After going over the paper for what seems like forever, I talk on the phone to Kristy for a while and then settle down for some studying. I successfully study all of the materials for my test in my marriage and family class and then go and get a hot pocket for lunch. I eat that and then head to class.

It STILL isn't time for class to start so I sit in the hall a while longer and finally the room begins emptying out from the previous class. I know my teacher for my marriage and family class teaches the same class the period before mine but he's not in there and it seems to be all grad students (including my English teacher) which I think is odd and try to avoid making eye contact with anyone. I assume the previous class had been cancelled for some reason. I find a seat and save a seat for Megan next to me. I notice Jessica James (from my old home ward back in the good old days) is in the class. I know she has the class the hour prior to mine and assume that because the teacher must've cancelled class he probably told the class if anyone has a break the hour after that they could come to our class. Well I had just received a text from Megan so when she didn't show to class I thought it was odd but my phone had died by this point so I couldn't check to see where she was. I didn't really recognize anyone in my class but I spent most of the day with my head on my desk anyway so I wasn't paying that much attention. This day was dragging like crazy. The teacher gives a speel about how the role had been lost but is now found so to fill in the days we've been here but haven't had the role. (He has a big role book that he passes around which has all of his classes in it--you just have to flip to the right section to fill in your informtation.) When it finally gets to me I notice no one has filled it in around me--not on my whole page. I think that's odd because I am one of the very last people to get the role in the whole class but just assume people must just be really stupid today and were confused about what to do because we've missed it for a few days. I fill it in for myself.

After getting out of class I walk to the testing center on the other end of campus and take my test. I am pretty sure I got pretty close to 100% which is AMAZING for me but unfortunately the computer screens as you walk out of the testing center are broken so I cannot see my score (which really SUCKS because when you do really well it says things like, "Awesome" or "Way to Go!" next to your score--and if you get 100% it says "PERFECT SCORE" which would be cool to see because I've never seen it by my score, but oh well). I finally leave and start walking to my next class. I check the clock--which is a ways down the hall but I can tell the minute had is on the 30, so I still have half an hour 'til class. WOW, could this day drag any more? If it weren't essential that I go to my last class of the day I would leave now because I seriously feel SO HORRIBLE.

So I come here to the computer lab. I print my study guide for another class, study a little, write my blog post about finishing Breaking Dawn and still have a few minutes before class. Finally I walk to class. The door to the room is closed but I open it and walk in. Some random man is lecturing a completely unfamiliar looking class. I quickly walk out. I look at the clock. 2:00. Well that cannot be right, my marriage and family class doesn't get out until 2:00 and I've been out of it for AT LEAST an hour; it actually feels like a few hours. Our class had moved to a new room a few weeks ago and I think perhaps they've moved back to our old room. I go to the old room. That door is closed. I open the door and peer in. Same thing--unfamiliar teacher, unfamiliar class. I walk back upstairs and look at the clock. 2:03. What is going on? It's been a while since we switched to daylight savings time, you'd think they'd have already switched the clocks. Gee...it'd sure be helpful if I could use my dang phone.

I feel like crap. I want to puke. I want to go home. I don't know where my class is. I NEED to go to class because we're doing a test review. My back is KILLING. I am so tired. Did I mention I am having my period? Yeah well that might be TMI For some of you, but I'm in the mood to complain. "Excuse me, do you know what time it is?" (Person looks at watch.) "It's 2:05." Two-o-five...that is IMPOSSIBLE! First of all it HAS to have been at least 15 minutes since I looked at the last clock, which said 2:03, AND I would've just gotten out of class if it were 2:05. Then it hits me...Jessica wasn't in the wrong class, I was. Megan didn't ditch me, I ditched her. I am an HOUR ahead of schedule and even if I weren't an HOUR ahead this day would STILL be dragging.

I have officially lost my mind.

I guess that's what being pregnant does to me.
(Ooh and did I mention I'm having my period?)

18 comments:

Emily said...

Pregnant?!?! :)

Claudine said...

Sorry to hear you're in such a funk! But I'm confused... pregnant? and period? Everything ok?

Anonymous said...

I'm super confused? Pregnant and period? If that's the way your body works then WOW, i'm sorry!!!

angela said...

Heather, sorry you had such a crazy day...but you are freaking me out! What do you mean, period???? I am sure you are okay or you wouldn't joke about it, but what's up?

Shooting Star said...

That post was really sad to read, but you are just mean. Way to throw everyone off ;)

wuxiheather said...

I'm not mean! For those of you reading this, let me explain. I am pregnant. And I'm having my period. Yeah. Apparently things are *supposedly* fine with the pregnancy but...I'm still going strong! I had an ultrasound on Tuesday and things look okay. I'm only 6 weeks along so they can't really see the baby (apparently it's smaller than a grain of rice at this point) but I'm supposed to go back in next Friday to have another US to make sure the baby is okay. In the mean time I just get all the joys of pregnancy and periods at the same time! Yay for me!

Perry's said...

That is so awesome you are pregnant. I kept reading it doing she has to be pregnant. why else would a doctor take all her meds away. It sucks being sick. But it is so worth it. And being sick only lasts for a little while. Then you are feeling great.

Melanie said...

Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you! Well not for the double whamy part but just for the single whamy patt of being pregnant... That is wonderful news.

Megan & David said...

Well Congrats on being pregnant!!! But I'm sorry about everything else thats going on. My friend just got over the whole sick thing. And she had her period for the first 4 months but everything is still fine and the baby and mom are healthy.

Nikki Taylor said...

okay Heather now I think I lost my mind just reading that post!! I couldn't decided WHAT on earth was going on...but HOLY COW...I am SOOOO excited for you!!! Yeah!!!! Congrats dear!! I too am sorry for all you are going through but so very thrilled. Keep us posted! Love ya!!

Anonymous said...

Heather, I Love how honest you are, it is sooo refreshing. I'm so happy you are having a baby. I hope you start to feel better!

Kirbell said...

Congrats!! I'm so excited for another niece/nephew.

The K Fam said...

wow that's so exciting Heather! You will be a good mommy. Eat and sleep and you will make it. Hey Daniel said he never got a call from Mike and that he would still be totally cool with helping you get a filter or whatever else. Mike probably called the wrong number ;( sorry about the bad experience though, have him call again! Good luck with pregness!

Jessica Adams said...

Well thank goodness you got that positive pregnancy test so you know you're still pregnant and can monitor it!
I think about you all the time! Miss you tons!
Love you, girl!

The Fairbanks said...

CONGRATULATIONS! And hang in there. Pregnancy is a roller coaster but its worth it. I hope you get feeling better soon and that everything is going great! (Besides losing your mind!)

Taren said...

PREGNANT!!! PREGNANT!!! PREGNANT?!?!? and i have to read your blog comments to find out?! that is so exciting! I'm i going to see you on saturday? dinner? I got a text from kat. anyway, just dropped by to say i love you and find out that you were preggo.

Taren said...

okay, so i remember reading this. i think i started reading it at work, and then never finished. and then when i came back to see if you had anything new i'd thought i'd already read it... anyway. you love me ;)

Maddie said...

haha heather that is SO funny! But you're pregnant so you have a great excuse... congrats again by the way - so exciting!