Last week Mike and I went down to Las Vegas for the weekend. We were given a free trip to stay at the Stratosphere but in return we had to attend a Consolidated Resorts sale pitch for a timeshare type of thing ALL DAY on Saturday. We totally got sucked in and bought it, but once we got home we decided to cancel it. Anyway, I wasn't feeling all that great while we were in Vegas and I especially felt really sick at night. We not once were able to go down to the pool. We didn't get to the hotel until after the pool was closed on Friday, then on Saturday we seriously had to go to the sales meeting all freaking day. On Sunday we went to church and then we left on
Monday morning. So I was really bummed about that, but it was okay. Anyway, we did have a good time there. It was a really weird trip because I am pregnant and so sick and we didn't really do much of anything, but it was just really good to get to spend time with Mike without worrying things. On Saturday night we went and saw the American Superstars
show at our hotel. It was a fun show to see. However I never would've paid for it. It costs about $50.00 per person and there's no way we would've gone if it weren't free. I could feel my pregnancy kicking in when I started crying while "Elvis" was preforming when I thought about his death. Anyway, Christina Aguilera was just a skank with a smoker's voice, Michael Jackson was NASTY but he was a good dancer and sounded like him on a couple of songs, Rob Stewart looked a lot like him but seriously sucked, and Elvis was pretty lame. Tim McGraw only looked like Tim because he was wearing a big hat, but he did have a good voice. He was my favorite. :) Lol! Anyway, it was fun to get to go to a show for free. :) We also got to go to the top of the Stratosphere and see the view which was fun. We got a $100.00 gift card to Gallagher's Steak House in the New York, New York casino. I just got macaroni and cheese (which was actually amazingly good) and Mike got a HUGE steak. It was not, however, as large as the man's steak who was sitting a few tables away. I wish I had a picture. This steak was supposedly "medium-rare" but it honestly looked completely RAW and it was 28 ounces! It's called the "King Cut Prime Rib" and it seriously looked SO disgusting! Anyway, we really did have a great time in Vegas even though I was so sick and the whole timeshare thing was lame. It wasn't an ideal vacation by any means...I HATED staying in the smokey casino (although our room was on a non-smoking floor and it was surprisingly un-smokey there), but overall we needed a vacation and it was nice to have a getaway.
5 comments:
I have taken a few vacations like that, where it was good to get away, but it wasn't all that exciting. I can't believe you got a $100 gift certificate and you got mac and cheese....okay I guess I can, but it still is funny. Does food even taste good to you right now?
I'm glad you ar least got away for awhile. It's always nice to get a vaca with the hubby!
I have never liked vegas. But I am glad you had fun. I am still so excited your pregnant.
WHAT?! You're pregnant??!?! How did I not know about this?!?! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am SO excited and happy for you!
AH! You're having a baby! YAY! That is so exciting, Heather! I'll totally burn you a cd. I'm glad you liked the mix!
Post a Comment