This is real life. The truth is, I'm not that great at it. But this is it, and it is my life. You want me to post pictures of what I wear every day? You'd have a collaboration of different yoga pants, and oversized t-shirts--some worn multiple days in a row {cringe}! You want to know my toddler lunch meal ideas? They often vary between dino nuggets, pb&j, or ravioli--but hey, at least it's the frozen kind and not Chef Boyardee...although that has made a few appearances! You want pictures of my home decor? Well my house is usually a mess. There are dishes in the sink and laundry to be put away. Most days, with my two crazy sidekicks calling the shots, I don't have time to shower, and rarely even do my hair {am I really admitting this in a public forum?!}! But this is life, and it is my life. And I'm lucky enough to get to share it with an amazing husband and the 3 cutest kids in the world, so no matter how you look it, I'm the luckiest!

Thursday, June 11, 2009

California Dreamin'

by The Mamas and the Papas

California dreamin'
On such and winter's Day!

I have been really exhausted and feeling like crap lately so I have had no motivation to get caught up on here. I guess "getting caught up" is sortof impossible because I never documented Christmas or Halloween or anything like that which I still have pictures to document but anyway...

A month or so ago Mike and Spencer and I took a road trip down to California. We did a lot of fun things and were able to stay with Mike's brother Ben and his family who we love. Spencer has a lot of fun with his cousins Ian and Jacob so it was really great to get to stay with them. Other than a cold, a sunburn, severe stomach pains, and a trip to the ER in the middle of the night (all on my part), the trip was a blast! :)

The drive was eternal and Spencer didn't watch any movies, listen to his ipod, or play his Gameboy AT ALL! This was not because he forgot it or because we forbid it or anything of the such, he had all of those options right there but he preferred to talk to us and quote movies the entire drive! :) He is DEFINITELY a Morgan!

We had a lot of fun at Disneyland. We went there Wednesday, Thursday, and Monday. We also went to Legoland on Friday. Legoland isn't much to compare to Disneyland (but really what is?). We did have a lot of fun there though. The Legos creations were awesome! And the rides were fun too. They're not much for thrilling but as for little kid rides, they were pretty cool. They do have a couple of fun rollercoasters too.
Here are Spencer and his cute cousing Ian, Jake, and Kate on our way into the new Toy Story ride. It's called "Midway Mania" and it was one of the coolest rides I've been on. It was awesome.
Here we are in front of the Tower of Terror. Spencer actually agreed to ride it with us. The first time we went on his he started to tear up just before we got on the ride but he was very brave and tried to hide it without throwing a fit. As we rode it I had forgotten how scary it was. I was flying out of my seat because I put the seatbelt on loosely so as not to smash the baby. (Bad idea!) Anyway I was screaming and laughing and Spencer was yelling "This is FUN!" but the look on his face did not express the same feelings. :) It was hilarious!
Seeing how we celebrated Mike's birthday at the park we thought we better get a family picture infront of the cute birthday balloons and card.
Here is Spencer posing at the "construction" are at California Adventure. It won't be California Adventure for long--they're changing it all around. The changes look pretty neat. They're getting a new nighttime water show that is supposed to be like Fantasmic but it'll be WAY cooler! We're excited!

Here we are at Mickey's house in Toon Town.
These next few pictures are at Legoland.
Spencer loved all the Lego creations. He especially loved the Darth Vader and R2D2 and the Lego lightsabers.
Spencer insisted on getting his picture with the little dachshund made of Legos because it looked like Chief! :)
On Sunday after church we walked down to the park by Ben and Kir's house and took some family pictures.
The park by their house is so beautiful! They even have a miniature water park for the kids in the summertime that looks like it'd be a lot of fun. Why do we have to live in UTAH??! Ugh!

As I am sure you can see, I am definitely showing now. Speaking of which I actually haven't really grown since then either...I hope that's okay!

8 comments:

Angie said...

What a fun trip and cute family pictures! I thought I better comment since I originally found your blog after you commented on ours and I love reading your blog to see what you guys are up to. Congratulations on your pregnancy- our baby is due just a month before yours. So we better get together more often so our kids can play. I really going to make Tom call Mike and set up a time to get together.

Perry's said...

I wish I could take a trip like that. It looks like you guys had a blast. I love your little belly. you are so cute pregnant. I would love to come to a shower for you.

Jessica Adams said...

Heath you are a beautiful pregnant mommy! I looked this up at work and had to show everyone your cute belly picture. Even Dr Hawkins went "awwww." LOL.
Miss you. Let get together soon!

Claudine said...

That sounds like such a fun trip, and cute preggo pictures!!!

Jackman Family said...

Hey congratulations on your pregnancy that is so awesome I had no idea! I hope you are feeling well! Disneyland looked like you guys had tons of fun we just got back as well and I hear ya on why do we live in utah boring! lol Well congrats again!

Perry's said...

Do you have anyone giving you a friend shower? If not i would love to do one for you.Let me know if you want me to. And if you do when are you due so I can plan it.

angela said...

Those are GREAT photos. It sounds like you had a wonderful time (well, mostly, anyway). I LOVE that last shot of all of you together! We miss you!

Nancy said...

What a fun trip! I love Sunny Cal, but then...I grew up there so I might be a little bias.