Thank heaven for little girls for little girls get bigger every day!
Thank heaven for little girls
Thank heaven for little girls
they grow up in the most delightful way!
On Saturday night Mike and I had the opportunity to babysit our friend Krystal and Daniel's little girl Ellie. She is so stinkin cute and spending time with her just made us more excited for our own little girl to arrive. We really had so much fun babysitting her.
She had fun playing with Chief and he was surprising well behaved with her. He jumpped up on her a few days ago when she and Krystal were over and I got mad at him but ever since then he never jumpped up on her. It was pretty impressive. The only time I ever worried about him with her was when he growled at her but that was because she stepped on his stomach. lol. I am not sure if he growled because he was mad or just because that was the noise that happened to come out of him when his wind was knocked out of him by having someone who weighs more than him step on him. He was really good with her though and it eased my mind even more about when the baby comes.
Ellie took to Mike immediately too. When Mike went into our room to put on his socks and shoes, Ellie followed him in there. As he was putting on his first shoe she went and found the second on and brought it to him. Then she found some dirty socks in his suitcase which was on the floor because he'd just gotten back from a business trip. She brought those to him and then continued to bring him more and more clothes out of the suitcase. She just wanted to help, it was pretty cute. The cutest thing though was when Mike very first sat on the floor to put on his shoes, Chief ran over and snuck under one of his legs and curled up in his lap. Well when Ellie saw that apparently she thought that was a good idea too. She ran over as fast as her little legs could carry her and plopped herself right down is his lap too. Pretty much on top of Chief. I am not sure how Chief felt about that but it was pretty dang cute.
Then she found these sunglasses my friend Megan gave me for my birthday and she wanted to wear them. She was so funny because each time I'd put them on her she wouldn't even look at me she just kept looking to Mike for approval. He would tell her they looked good or cute or whatever and she'd just smile and then take them off and want me to put them back on and then she'd just look back at him until he said something nice about them. Then she'd grin. 
We really had so much fun with her and we are so excited for our own little girl to arrive in four and a half months! PS: If you couldn't tell from the song that plays when you access our blog, I guess this is our announcement that we're having a girl!
3 comments:
Hooray for little girls! I'm so excited for you to have a little girl, you're going to just love it! Yeah!!!!!!!
Gosh. She is so adorable. And I know your little girl will be, too!
That is so fun to be having a little girl. I am so excited for you and your family. I hope you guys are doing good.
Post a Comment