(be my, be my baby)
Be my little baby
(my one and only baby)
Say you'll be my darlin'
(be my, be my baby)
Be my baby now
(my one and only baby)
Whoa oh oh oh
Well I haven't blogged for quite a while and I thought it was about time I did so! So first of all I guess it's time to update you on the pregnancy. Things are going pretty well. I'm extremely tired and out of breath all the time but I am pretty sure that's all to be expected. There have been a few weird complications however. I am still getting that crazy upper abdominal pain every now and then. It usually comes in the middle of the night and it is so insanely painful I cannot even describe it. The doctor would like to do a CT scan or endoscopy but we have to wait until after the baby is born. Personally, I am hoping it'll completely go away once the baby is born. The first time I experienced it was when we were in California and I had to go to the ER but at that time they did do an ultrasound and the baby was fine. So hopefully it's not effecting her and that's what really matters. They've done other ultrasounds to see if they see any galbladder problems or anything wrong with my liver or pancreas. They did find a hemangioma in my liver but generally those are relatively harmless. My gastroenterologist is keeping an eye on it because they can become enlarged and rupture during pregnancy but most likely I've actually had it since birth. They don't think that could be the cause of the pain though. My only other major issue in the pregnancy is that the doctor seems to think that I may have had a mini heart attack a few weeks ago because of the symptoms that came along with it. I have a hard time believing I could possibly have had a heart attack without really knowing forsure. Anyway I have an appointment with the cardiologist this week, so we'll see what she says. At any rate, I honestly don't feel like it's been THAT bad. I mean I'll be the first to say it isn't a walk in the park. Even just the usual symptoms like extreme heartburn and carpal tunnel are pretty sucky but hopefully when it's all over I'll feel like it's worth it! It's pretty annoying to have someone constantly kicking your bladder too, but it's pretty cool to see and feel her moving in there. It's totally freaky when she gets the hiccups--just the thought of there being an actual human being inside of you who has hiccups yet you don't have hiccups...it's just so weird! Anyway, I think I am kindof rambling now, so I'll show you some pictures and be done!
These next few pictures are from July when we were working on the baby's room. Even Spencer helped us paint. I love this picture of him--you can tell he's really concentrating hard, he's got his tongue sticking out.


I did lots of the work too. I even did the ceiling all by myself which was by far the hardest part of painting. The baby didn't move for 48 hours straight after that. I was so nervous but I was so exhausted after doing it, I guess she was too! Anyway, here I am at 5 months.
One of my lifelong best friends, Aubrey, just had a beautiful baby girl named Jayda. She was born at the end of July but just a few weeks before that we were able to get together for swimming. She and her husband are so fun to hang out with. I am so glad our husbands get along and we can continue to be lifelong friends. I guess this picture could be considered our girls' first play date. :)
Here is a picture taken just a few days ago. This is me at 6 1/2 months.
6 comments:
You look awesome! Congratulations big time, you're going to be a great mama.
I cant believe you painted the ceiling...good job!!!
I am so sorry you are having all those medical problems with your pregnancy, hopefully they do all just go away once you have the baby. Weird things happen when your pregnant thats for sure! Good job on painting her room and you look fabulous!
Sorry to hear about the complications your are having. You look so cute with your belly!
You are so cute! I'm sorry you've been having some rough spots in your pregnancy. I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes complication free.
You are gorgeous! That is so cute that our girls have had their first "play date" :). It will be the first of many. Keep me updated k? Love ya!
Post a Comment