This is real life. The truth is, I'm not that great at it. But this is it, and it is my life. You want me to post pictures of what I wear every day? You'd have a collaboration of different yoga pants, and oversized t-shirts--some worn multiple days in a row {cringe}! You want to know my toddler lunch meal ideas? They often vary between dino nuggets, pb&j, or ravioli--but hey, at least it's the frozen kind and not Chef Boyardee...although that has made a few appearances! You want pictures of my home decor? Well my house is usually a mess. There are dishes in the sink and laundry to be put away. Most days, with my two crazy sidekicks calling the shots, I don't have time to shower, and rarely even do my hair {am I really admitting this in a public forum?!}! But this is life, and it is my life. And I'm lucky enough to get to share it with an amazing husband and the 3 cutest kids in the world, so no matter how you look it, I'm the luckiest!

Monday, October 19, 2009

Great-Grandma Virginia


Upon searching through pictures on my computer I came across this picture. I think it is the only picture I have of Spencer and Grandma Virginia together. This picture was taken at the beginning of this year.
Spencer knew Grandma before her stroke, but only for about a year. She was living at my parents house when Mike and I were engaged and he got to know her then. She always commented on how cute and handsome he was. He also went with Mike and I quite a few times to visit her in the nursing home after her stroke. I am sure he didn't love going there but he was always really sweet about it and would give her hugs and tell her he loved her.
The other old ladies at the nursing home loved him because he was so cute. They always wanted to talk to him. One time during meal time we went and sat with Grandma in the cafeteria. This old woman sitting at the table put her hands up to her eyes like she was looking through binoculars. She was talking about all she saw and then she looked at Spencer (still with the binoculars) and said, "I see you! I can see you..." Then she quickly took down the "binoculars" and said, "BOO!" We all jumpped. Spencer's eyes got huge and he looked at me like, "This woman is CRAZY!!" I just started laughing so hard and then he started laughing and the woman smiled. My other favorite time was also in the cafeteria when this woman kept telling me how cute he was and then she said, "Is he a boy?" I didn't understand what she meant and I asked her what she meant and she said, "Is he a boy or a girl?" I told her he was a boy (of course)! And she said, "Well these days you just never can tell." Those old ladies were so funny. We'll miss visiting them--and especially miss visiting Grandma Virginia, but I know she's in a better place and that she is happier.

No comments: