This is real life. The truth is, I'm not that great at it. But this is it, and it is my life. You want me to post pictures of what I wear every day? You'd have a collaboration of different yoga pants, and oversized t-shirts--some worn multiple days in a row {cringe}! You want to know my toddler lunch meal ideas? They often vary between dino nuggets, pb&j, or ravioli--but hey, at least it's the frozen kind and not Chef Boyardee...although that has made a few appearances! You want pictures of my home decor? Well my house is usually a mess. There are dishes in the sink and laundry to be put away. Most days, with my two crazy sidekicks calling the shots, I don't have time to shower, and rarely even do my hair {am I really admitting this in a public forum?!}! But this is life, and it is my life. And I'm lucky enough to get to share it with an amazing husband and the 3 cutest kids in the world, so no matter how you look it, I'm the luckiest!

Monday, November 2, 2009

Happy Halloween!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN! This month hasn't been the most fun considering my current circumstances, but the festivities of the season have made it more fun. To celebrate Halloween we had some friends, Megan and Dave up for dinner. I made "Dinner in a Pumpkin" with "Witch Finger" breadsticks and we watched this week's episode of Vampire Diaries. It was fun to spend the holiday with them. We didn't get a ton of trick-or-treaters but it was fun to see the cute costumes of the kids in the neighborhood.

I got to wear two costumes this Halloween. I cannot believe I am even putting these pictures of myself up on here--but hey...maybe in the future I'll think they're fun. :)

First I was a witch at my sister-in-law's witch baby shower. It was really fun and really festive. Her house was decorated amazingly for Halloween and almost everyone dressed up as witches. That was my first experience dressing up as a witch (believe it or not). I borrowed my sister Kristy's costume.
And this was my costume for the ward trunk-or-treat. My friend, Linda, gave me the costume back in April or May because she knew I'd be too big to fit in much else come Halloween. :)
At the trunk-or-treat Linda was wearing her husband's Japanese jacket thing so we kindof looked like husband and wife. Lol!
We didn't get to have Spencer much this month but fortunately we did at least get to carve pumpkins with him. Spencer had decided that he really wanted to carve a CTR pumpkin so that's what we did. I "designed" it and Mike was in charge of cutting it. He decided to use his jigsaw to do it! :) It worked great! Spencer had a ton of fun using the jigsaw with Mike and the pumpkin turned out really great!
I don't have many Halloween decorations but I am trying to build up my supply. My mom made me an adorable table runner that I LOVE. But I am not putting a picture in this post of it because it'll be shown in an upcoming post. Anyway, here's our front porch and the few decorations we have going on.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the costumes. That jigsaw idea is one we may have to steal!

Claudine said...

Well I thought you looked pretty darn fabulous at the trunk or treat! I'm so glad we were able see you guys there!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THE COSTUMES!!! You look so cute! Seriously you look amazing and i think you should strut your cute little prego stuff while you still can:)

angela said...

Heather, you look darling. And that pumpkin ROCKS! Ours always fall apart at the crucial cutting moment. :< You know, I hate to tell you this, but in approximately 4 weeks (when the baby is screaming nonstop) you will look back at these photos and think, oh for the peace and quiet... :> Hang in there - we love you!

Steph said...

I love the CTR pumpkin. Your witch costume was great. I can't wait to see your baby. Get her comming!