A few weeks ago a couple of the girls in my ward, Melissa and Dawnita, threw me a baby shower. Isn't the above invitation so darn cute? The scanned image does not do it justice, but it'll have to do. I think more people commented on the adorable invites than anything! I love the little pumpkin carriage and it fit the pumpkin "theme" of the shower perfectly! There are little jewels on the weels of the carriage. So adorable! (Obviously I've removed all the personal information for privacy reasons.)The shower was so much fun and I am so grateful for awesome friends like them (and all the girls who came--and more)! I really have an awesome ward and I love the girls in it!
Melissa and Dawnita seriously did an AMAZING job too. The food was amazing and the house was decorated so cute! Here's what I first saw when I walked in.
As you can see, hanging above the fireplace was a clothesline with a bunch of adorable baby clothes hanging on it. And yes, I did get to keep it all!The food spread was absolutely amazing. Pumpkin rolls, apple cake, pumpkin ginger trifle, fried cinnamon chips, apples, caramel dip, apple crisp, peanut butter chocolate brownies, banana cake, apple cider, pumpkin sugar cookies, chocolate fudge cake, and fruit...just to name a few. :)
This cute basket of pumpkins was part of the decor and on top, this adorable "Daddy's Little Pumpkin" onesie, pumpkin tights, and pumpkin beanie hat. It was sooo cute. I really really hope I have a baby in time to wear it in November! (I REALLY BETTER...)
Unfortunately I did not get a picture with everyone who came, but here are some. Here I am getting ready to open some gifts. My cute mom came down for the shower to meet my friends and help out with keeping track of all the gifts, etc.
In this next picture there's Brooke on the left with her daughter and then on the couch there are my awesome visiting teachers, Nicole and Rebecah, me, and Aubrey, who is not only in my ward but is my cousin! It's been really fun having her in my ward.
Here's Vanessa, Margaret, me and Meridee. I love these ladies!
And here I am with Diane. Melissa and Dawnita are on the other side of the adorable quilt that they made and people got to tie it at the shower. The colors match the baby's room perfectly and it is so cute.
These girls seriously over did themselves! The shower was amazing!
1 comment:
So I can't really tell in the picture but is the Dawnita that you are talking about Dawnita Hendricks? I think that's her married name :) I went to school with her. She was one of my good pals. What a small world! (If that is really her!) Good luck with the delivery...I am so jealous it makes me want to cry!!!
Post a Comment