This is real life. The truth is, I'm not that great at it. But this is it, and it is my life. You want me to post pictures of what I wear every day? You'd have a collaboration of different yoga pants, and oversized t-shirts--some worn multiple days in a row {cringe}! You want to know my toddler lunch meal ideas? They often vary between dino nuggets, pb&j, or ravioli--but hey, at least it's the frozen kind and not Chef Boyardee...although that has made a few appearances! You want pictures of my home decor? Well my house is usually a mess. There are dishes in the sink and laundry to be put away. Most days, with my two crazy sidekicks calling the shots, I don't have time to shower, and rarely even do my hair {am I really admitting this in a public forum?!}! But this is life, and it is my life. And I'm lucky enough to get to share it with an amazing husband and the 3 cutest kids in the world, so no matter how you look it, I'm the luckiest!

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

3 Years a Family

January was relatively uneventful for us, but a few things did happen. The 12th was our 3 year anniversary. Mike bought me the most beautiful roses! I absolutely loved them. So we've now been a family for 3 years and it's been amazing! I'll never forget the day just a few weeks after Mike and I had gotten married, we were driving in the car and Spencer said, "We're a family now!" :)
Speaking of Spencer, he's had a good month. He is still playing Jr. Jazz and is getting better all the time. He's the shortest kid on the team but he has made quite a few baskets! He plays so hard! The hoop he has at his mom's house fell over in the wind and the backboard shattered. Now it's just the rim and net, so he's gotten pretty good at swooshing the ball. :) He practices so hard and loves it!
Melia loves to watch her brother play basketball!
Spencer also "lost" another tooth this month, but it was quite the ordeal. Here's a picture of his smile before the tooth loss. It is one of his top 2 front teeth.Here's an up-close of the smile. As you can see the tooth was sticking straight forward and the permanent tooth was already almost fully grown in behind it.Anyway, I finally convinced Spencer to let me try to pull it with floss. I told him it is the painless way to do it. (Which is supposed to be true...) The tooth HAD been loose but once the other tooth grew in, it was no longer loose. I tied the floss on and tried to get the tooth out and it wouldn't come. Spencer started to say it was hurting and was whining. I stopped for a minute and my sister said I needed to pull harder and faster so it doesn't hurt. I tried once again and Spencer screamed and leaned backwards to be laying on the floor to get away from me. I pretty much went down on top of him trying my darndest to get it out, but to no avail. My fingers were bleeding from the floss but the tooth was as sturdy as ever! Spencer ended up having to go to the dentist and have the tooth surgically removed. Most of the roots were fully dissolved but one part was still there and was imbedded in the gum with the new tooth.


As for me and Mike, things are just as usual at home. I'm at home with Melia during the day, and I love my time with her but we both look forward to having Daddy home when he's done with work. Melia sure loves her daddy! Here she is sitting on his lap while the tries to get work done at home.
Here's another one of Daddy and Melia.In January, Melia spent time with her 2 best friends and one handsome little boyfriend too! :)

Here's one of her best friends, her cousin, Lydia. Isn't she a doll? We get together with her parents a lot and love to see the little girls together. Here's Melia's other best friend, Jayda. She is the daughter of my best friend all growing up, Aubrey. She was born at the end of July, just about 4 months before Melia. She's such a cutie. Whenever I see her it makes me so excited for when Melia gets to be her age and can giggle and roll over, etc. But at the same time, I want my little girl to stay tiny forever too!Here's Melia holding hands with her handsome little boyfriend, Owen. :) Owen is the son of our friends Tiffany and Paul in our ward.Melia also stayed warm this January. Isn't this picture just the cutest thing ever?And she stayed bundled up tight in her car seat. She hates the car seat when it isn't moving, but when the car is moving, she loves it. (She actually starts screaming at stop lights.) She learned to dance too. :) Not really, but she does love to stand and pushes off her little legs a lot. Here's our little ballerina girl. :) Isn't that look on her face so funny? She was wearing a dress over this (thus the tights) but I just think she looks so cute with the shirt and the tights and little shoes, it looks like a little ballet outfit.She was able to meet her uncle Dave (he's holding her in this picture) who flew in just for a couple of days to meet the babies, Melia and Lydia. (I absolutely love this outfit she is wearing and unfortunately this was the only time she got to wear it because by the time I tried it on her it really was already too small but she wore it this day anyway.)
Melia spent lots of time in her swing, and also got her chub on! :) Look at that cute belly! And those chubby rosy cheeks!
She also discovered a hatred for tummy-time, but we try to get a little in here and there anyway.She loves her grandmas lots and lots (Grandma Morgan is holding her here).
She isn't a big fan of binkies but will suck on them every now and then. (If anyone has any tips on how to get your baby to use a binky, let me know!) Melia was a happy girl this January!And she even started giggling a little.
She dressed stylishly in all her cute hand-me-down clothes (and of course new ones from showers too).And learned to sit up tall in the Bumbo!And she certainly slept a lot (an average of 10 hours a night)! I was always told babies hate to be cold. Well not little Melia; she hates to be hot, and loves to be naked! Another thing I love about Melia is the way she clasps her hands together all the time! It's so adorable! We sure love her and have had a wonderful month!

7 comments:

Perry's said...

She is so beautiful. I love her chubby body. Some babies just don't take a binki. I know it sucks. Sometimes you can get them to take it if you just keep trying to put it in the mouth. Rya hated binkis. She finally started to like them after 4 months. She is so cute. I have to take a day and come visit.

Crooked Brooke said...

Seriously, Heather, she is a doll! She could be a model for porcelain dolls. Good job!

Nikki Taylor said...

Heather she is such a doll!!! She is growing up so fast! It is making me so excited for my little girl to get here. Sounds like you are adjusting to motherhood well. I may need some pointers when my baby gets here to get her to sleep 10 hrs at night! That is great! What a cute family you have.

Rebecah Ogden said...

congrats on the 3 years...time flies when your having fun. i'm jealous of all of melia's bow and cute outfits...do you think she'll share?

HayMadSam said...

Melia is the cutest thing ever! And I just love all of her hair bows too! Congrats on 3 years too!

Shooting Star said...

Yeah! love all of the pictures. That girl definitely has a huge wardrobe!
Ha! Is Spencer traumatized by you trying to yank his tooth?! I was laughing when I was picturing that.
I wanted you to come up today after Jayda's appointment but I left my phone at work. Stupid me. I will give you a call tomorrow.

Sally Williams said...

Your blog is do darling, Heather!!! I love it. You are such a cute little family. I can tell that little girl is the apple of everyone's eye's.