This is real life. The truth is, I'm not that great at it. But this is it, and it is my life. You want me to post pictures of what I wear every day? You'd have a collaboration of different yoga pants, and oversized t-shirts--some worn multiple days in a row {cringe}! You want to know my toddler lunch meal ideas? They often vary between dino nuggets, pb&j, or ravioli--but hey, at least it's the frozen kind and not Chef Boyardee...although that has made a few appearances! You want pictures of my home decor? Well my house is usually a mess. There are dishes in the sink and laundry to be put away. Most days, with my two crazy sidekicks calling the shots, I don't have time to shower, and rarely even do my hair {am I really admitting this in a public forum?!}! But this is life, and it is my life. And I'm lucky enough to get to share it with an amazing husband and the 3 cutest kids in the world, so no matter how you look it, I'm the luckiest!

Friday, March 12, 2010

"Welcome to the Future"

by Brad Paisley


Hey, look around it's all so clear
Hey, wherever we were going, well we're here
Hey, so many things I never thought I'd see
Happening right in front of me

...glory, glory, hallelujah
Welcome to the future



Pretty much all my time is absorbed in being a stay-at-home-mom and taking care of my little angel.  But in addition these are the ways I've been spending my extra/spare/nursing time.  :)
I am now the new Relief Society bulletin and blog person in our ward.  So, I updated the old blog and gave it a new address and a little face lift.  For a Relief Society blog, I think it's pretty darn cute!  Check it out at www.ReliefSocietyBlog.blogspot.com  (this new address is much easier to remember than the old one)!


And I got a new one of these:
Which I love.  Although trying to figure it out is a little difficult.  If you don't already know, it's a MacBook Pro.  The only Macs I've ever really used are at BYU so getting used to it is a little hard, but it's coming, slowly but surely.  

I've especially loved using this:
It's called iphoto and it comes for free on the Mac.  It's really easy to use and is amazing for photo editing.  I've never used Photoshop so I don't know how it compares, but it is better than anything I've ever used before.  However, it does not let you add text to your photos or put two photos together, etc. (at least I don't know how to use those things), so I have also been learning to use this:
It's an online photo editing program that is free and I've heard it's comparable to Photoshop.  On there I was able to put text on my blog header for the RS Blog, etc.

I also got a new one of these:
It's technically not new, we've had it for a year or so.  It's from Mike's company for winning a contest but we never opened it because we both had our own ipods.  Mine is a 4GB nano and I've had it since 2007 and it's served its purpose.  But when Mike and I were getting ready for our trip to Miami I decided to bust out the new one.  It's an 80GB one.  Wow...that is a big difference!  Now I can put ALL my music on it and also have some books on there too.  It's been really nice and I've been loving listening to music more often.  Since Mike and I have been married I haven't listened to that much music because Mike got me hooked on books on tape in the car which is where I used to listen to music.  I've really enjoyed getting re acquainted with my absolute love of singing and music.

This post wasn't really designed to be a plug for Apple products but I guess most of it is Apple.  What can I say, I'm now a Mac.

1 comment:

Jessica Adams said...

I'd probably die without my Mac. Mine is an iMac, which I LOVE, but I'd also like a MacBook for portability. iPhoto and picnik have very minimal capabilities compared to Photoshop, but are both fantastic I agree!