This is real life. The truth is, I'm not that great at it. But this is it, and it is my life. You want me to post pictures of what I wear every day? You'd have a collaboration of different yoga pants, and oversized t-shirts--some worn multiple days in a row {cringe}! You want to know my toddler lunch meal ideas? They often vary between dino nuggets, pb&j, or ravioli--but hey, at least it's the frozen kind and not Chef Boyardee...although that has made a few appearances! You want pictures of my home decor? Well my house is usually a mess. There are dishes in the sink and laundry to be put away. Most days, with my two crazy sidekicks calling the shots, I don't have time to shower, and rarely even do my hair {am I really admitting this in a public forum?!}! But this is life, and it is my life. And I'm lucky enough to get to share it with an amazing husband and the 3 cutest kids in the world, so no matter how you look it, I'm the luckiest!

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

"I'm a Little Stinkpot"

 I'm a little stinkpot, short and cute!
Here is my smile and here's my caboose!
When I get all steamed up, hear me shout!
Pick me up, or I'll scream your ears out!

THiS iS NOT MY CHiLD! 


MY CHiLD STARTED SLEEPiNG THROUGH THE NiGHT AT THREE WEEKS OLD. MY CHiLD ONLY POOPS ONCE A WEEK--iF THAT. MY CHiLD LiKES TO PLAY iN THE SWiNG AND THE EXER-SAUCER MOST OF THE DAY. MY CHiLD LOVES TO WEAR HEADBANDS AND PRETTY FLOWERS ON HER HEAD. MY CHiLD iS MOSTLY BREASTFED BUT HAS NO PROBLEM TAKiNG A BOTTLE WHENEVER NECESSARY AND LiKES TO EVEN HOLD iT HERSELF! 

 
(Here's MY beautiful, happy child...)


THiS CHiLD ON THE OTHER HAND JUST 
 COULD NOT BE MY CHiLD. THiS CHiLD WAKES AT LEAST TWiCE A NiGHT REQUiRiNG TO BE FED--SOMETiMES AS MUCH AS FiVE TiMES A NiGHT! THiS CHiLD POOPS UP TO SiX TiMES A DAY, USUALLY BLOW-OUTS. THiS CHiLD DOES NOT LiKE TO DO ANYTHiNG UNLESS iT iNCLUDES BEiNG HELD--USUALLY BY ME AND USUALLY STANDiNG UP. THiS CHiLD REFUSES TO WEAR HEADBANDS OR PRETTY FLOWERS ON HER HEAD AND JUST RiPS THEM OFF AND TRiES TO EAT THEM. THiS CHiLD ALSO REFUSES TO TAKE A BOTTLE AND SCREAMS BLOODY MURDER WHEN YOU TRY TO PUT iT iN HER MOUTH. WHO iS THiS CHiLD? i DO NOT KNOW HER!

THiS CHiLD LOOKS AND SMELLS LiKE MY CHiLD BUT iS A BiT BiGGER, LOUDER AND HUNGRiER; iT JUST COULD NOT BE HER.  iF ANY OF YOU HAVE SEEN MY LiTTLE ANGELiC BABY AROUND ANYWHERE, LET ME KNOW BEFORE THiS CUTE LiTTLE STiNKPOT GETS THE BEST OF ME! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyway, here are a few miscellaneous pictures from the month of May.

Here she is...one of those days when she actually played in the exer-saucer a little bit. :) I had to take this picture just because I think she looks so grown up and I love her outfit. Check out those adorable jeans and those little high top sneakers. SOOO CUTE!

'
Here she is sittin' on Daddy's shoulders. Same outfit. Aren't the soles of those shoes so cute?! And they have silky ribbon laces and are pink with little watermelons on them. LOVE THEM!


She always pulls off her headband and a lot of the time she does not manage to get it all the way off. So it just ends up covering her eyes. :) She doesn't look too happy in this picture but a lot of the time she just thinks it's really funny and starts laughing when it's over her eyes.

And here's just another one of her in the exer-saucer with morning hair. I love all that soft baby hair. SO FUN!
Here are a few pictures from one of Spencer's flag football games.  He sure loves football.

This picture isn't the greatest quality cause I cropped and zoomed in a lot but if you look closely, or click on it you can see Spencer in the middle goin' after this big huge Polynesian kid on the other team.  My boy is tough!  :)
Love the football stance.
Here is goin' after a kid's flag.
AND HE GOT iT!!  I love his celebratory excitement!  Last year he ALWAYS held the flag up high to make sure EVERYONE saw that HE got it.  This year he didn't do it nearly as much but at that last game he was pretty excited.
Melia was all decked out with her sunglasses ready for the sunshine.
This was Lia's first encounter with grass.  She loves it.
Some lovin' from the Chiefer.
She used to be fine with keeping the sunglasses on.  Not so much anymore...
And last but CERTAINLY not least:
I just had to include a picture of my beautiful Swarovski crystal flip-flops glistening in the sun.  :)  Now that the sun is out I just had to get one.  Aren't they pretty!  They were SO worth the money.  HaHa!  (Probably wouldn't have been if it'd been MY money, but seeing as how it wasn't my money, they were definitely worth it!)


P.S. I have a few more from May and Melia's first swimming adventure, but I unfortunately left my camera at my mom's house on my birthday and haven't gotten it back yet.  Hopefully I can make it up there tomorrow to get it.

4 comments:

BrittanyB said...

ah yes, I clearly remember that phase with both my children. They do grow out of it, but then what they grow INTO is an entirely different beast ;)

Anonymous said...

good luck, tate just started to really sleep through the night. and man am i glad!

Colby and Steph said...

I know exactly what you are going through...it really sucks. She sure is cute though and I love those sunglasses.

Katie Hagen said...

heather,
i love melia's sunglasses!
i'd be happy to do dinner week after next. if it's hard for you i could even record the show and do it at our place. just let me know! :)