by The Last Goodnight
Pictures of you, pictures of me
Hung up on your wall for the world to see.
I have been really bad at posting all the millions of pictures I've taken lately, so this post is just a catch up on all the goings on. I need all these pictures documented for my own posterity and this is where I do it. This post is going to be a mess, but here it is! All these pictures are relatively old--I cannot believe how much Melia has grown up even since then!
First of all, here are Melia and a buncha other little cuties. My friend Nikki, from high school, just had a baby, Jayne. This picture was taken at Nikki's shower (before Jayne was born) and it's amazing how many of us have little girls just the same age. Hopefully we can get together again soon and get another picture, this time with Jayne in it. I suggested Nikki put her belly in this picture, but it was a no go. :) Anyway, here are the cuties: Sammy (Stephanie's baby), Kenzley (Candice's baby), Melia (of course, mine), and Jayda (Aubrey's baby). This picture was the one that was the best of all of them. In every single picture Melia was being a total stinker and tormenting Jayda. I swear she's grabbing Jayda's ear KNOWING she's being naughty and looking straight at the camera being completely defiant! That's my girl!
Also, this is the only outfit I've ever bought for Melia cause we have so many hand-me-downs and cute stuff from showers. I got this dress at Kohl's. It was supposed to be $30.00. It was on sale and then I had a discount coupon and I ended up getting it for $2.14! I was pretty proud. And the shoes I bought at Babies R Us. They're Koala Baby (which is a nice brand for those of you who are not up to date on baby brands). They were on sale for $4.00! So the whole outfit cost me $6.14! I was pretty proud of myself!Here are a few people in the ward who love my little Melia. First, here's Melissa. She has 3 sons and no daughters and she is so cute doting on Melia. Melissa is also known in our ward as "The Baby Whisperer." She really is amazing with these little babies! Obviously--she got Melia to sleep. Melia loves her.
Here's my cute little Melia with her sweet friend, Celeste. Celeste is soooo cute with Melia. She loves her and asks her mom all the time to come down and play with her. Melia adores Celeste too. The other day Celeste's mom, Heidi, told me a cute story. She said she was driving in the car and Celeste said, "Mom, I am going to save up all of my money and when I get $100, I am going to buy baby Melia." :) SOOO CUTE!
If you couldn't tell, Melia was crying before these pictures were taken. When she cries her eyebrows go red and her eyes look so bright. Celeste managed to cheer her up though! :) You've gotta love that messy hair too! :)
I just had to include this picture of Melia's first piggy tails! This picture was taken clear back in February when she was 3 months old. Now she has piggy tails all the time and her hair is a lot longer now. But I just love that at 3 months she could wear pig tails and I think they look so tiny and cute.
Here's another February picture of our family. This was at Melia's younger cousin, Lydia's baby blessing. Because we don't have many family pictures I thought I better include this one, but please, don't look at my hair. It looks nappy. And Melia's cute dress is one of my VERY FAVORITES. It was a Morgan side hand-me-down, along with the shoes. SOOOO ADORABLE!
These next couple pics are some of my favs. Back in March one day our heater went out and it was freezing. I bundled Melia up really cozy for her nap. She looked adorable in this Winnie the Pooh sleeper and was in a great mood!
Melia had never really acknowledged Chief's existence until then. Chief had always been around and he'd bark and lick her and whatever but she just always completely ignored him. Then one day it was like she SAW him. I LOVE this picture!
I just love her tired eyes in this next picture.
Obviously these next few pictures are from Easter. Melia dressed up as the Easter Bunny. I think she's definitely the cutest little Easter Bunny I've ever seen! :)
Here's little Lia and her friend Ellie. Ellie is my friend Krystal's little girl and Krystal has another one on the way. Ellie is such a doll and I can't wait to see what Krystal and Daniel's next little one will be like!
Melia loves to play in her exer-saucer. I love it. It's been a total life-saver! She plays so intently when she's in it. It's really fun to watch because she just seems like she really has a purpose in everything she's doing. I cannot wait to keep watching her grow up! She is so fun!
One day when Celeste was over she covered all Melia's stuff in burp rags. I don't know why, but Melia enjoyed pulling them off. I think she looks soooo cute in her little sunglasses from my friends Melissa and Dawnita.
In April my nieces Becca and Hannah came and stayed over for a couple of days. It was really fun to have them around and Melia had a blast. I tell you one thing, Melia was never set down the whole 3 days they were here. SOMEONE was always holding her. Even when I was nursing Melia I was being asked, "Can I hold her AS SOON as you're done?!" :) Here's Melia with Hannah.
And here's Melia with Becca.
This is just a random picture but I think she looks adorable in this cute little dress with her blue bows on her piggy tails and her cute tiny little white sandals. I love those sandals. I still try to cram them on Lia's growing feet although they really don't fit anymore. They just so dang cute though and I need another pair of cute white ones cause they go with everything she wears! I have some brown ones for her but they don't seem feminine enough.
Melia's favorite "toy" is her toes. Nothing can entertain her like they can. These pictures are from 3 or 4 months ago--I cannot believe how much she's grown!
She also loves to suck on them! ALL THE TIME! Even in her car seat. Sometimes both feet at once. :)
Even in the bath tub!
And here are some more bath pictures. She LOVES the water!
I also thought I better include some pictures of Melia's other favorite thing. Melia LOVES Mommy's water bottle. Ever since Lia was born I have pretty much been ATTACHED to this water bottle as much as she has been ATTACHED to me. I think that because of that, Melia is mesmerized by it and thinks it is the neatest thing in the world. She just wants to be a big girl like Mommy. She always reaches for it, even while she's nursing. Sometimes she grabs it while I'm sucking and it ends up spilling all down my chin and everywhere else. She's a little stinker! :)
She knows I suck on the straw so she just wants to suck on any part of it, even if it's just the straw lid.
She gets really happy when you let her hold it. :)
Okay...so maybe I just included this one cause my hair looks so shiny...but she still looks cute.
She really couldn't get much cuter! :)
































5 comments:
Melia is so cute. She reminds me of my little Sammy. They both have those cute cubby cheeks
She is a little doll, Heath. She looks SO much like you.
It's true...she really could not get any cuter!!! Thank you for not including my big pregnant belly in the post. I really appreciate that! ;) AND we have GOT to get all those girls together again!! Jayne would love it...and so would I!
i just can't get over how cute she is! i just love her
Can't wait to see her again. Thanks for the hand-me-downs!!
Post a Comment