by Priscilla Ahn
Living in a tree,
Yeah that's where I'd like to be,
When the world falls down
...I'll be in my tree,
Living free,
As any child would wanna be.
Living in a tree,
Yeah that's where I'd like to be,
When the world falls down
...I'll be in my tree,
Living free,
As any child would wanna be.
Kids in a tree...
Family in a tree...
Nintendo in a tree... :)
Boy in a tree...
Baby (waving) in a tree...
At the beginning of July we had a family reunion in the Redwood Forest with Mike's side of the family. It was a lot of fun, and such a beautiful place to be! Here are a buncha pictures from our trip!
Here's the whole fam in front of the mess hall.

This was a sign as we began our hike in the Redwoods. I love the part where it says to pick up small children and then to throw something at the bear--did they forget your children are in your arms? :) And, "if the animal attacks, fight back agressively"...as opposed to just letting it eat you? Thanks for the advice!
Here's Spencer playing on a big tree stump just outside of the cabins. His cousin Davis is in the foreground.
Here's Melia with cousins. All the cousins love Melia and wanted to hold her all the time. First, here's Lia with her cousin Nicole who is 9. Nicole is soooo cute I just adore her. She and her brothers were here in Utah for a week before the reunion so I spent 2 weeks with them and miss them a ton! It was so much fun to have them here.

This picture is of Melia with one of her oldest cousins on Mike's side, Jacob Black--I mean Carter. Carter is 15 and is such a stud. He is going to run for president in 2032. (Check it out and join: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/CDM-2032/67100417330?ref=ts)
Here's Melia with her cousin Caylie after our hike in the Redwoods. Caylie is soooo good with kids. I wish she lived closer cause she would be the best babysitter ever.
We had some fun at the beach too. It was freezing cold in Trinidad, CA, but we managed to still slip in a little fun in the sun.
Here are Melia and I at the beach havin some fun too, although we weren't brave enough to put on our swimming suits in the cold air!
Here's Mike's sister Heather and her little girl Evelyn. Evy was another one of the kids that was here for a week before the reunion. It was really fun to get to know her better cause I haven't spent much time with Evelyn since she was born. Evy was so cute with Melia and is such a sweet little girl.
Here are Mike and Melia before our hike. This picture cracks me up. Melia was so excited to be in the backpack getting ready for the hike.
Here's just a picture of Luke. I love that shirt on him, it's so funny. Lukie is the cutest kid ever. I love him and miss him too.
I just love this picture of little Lia.
Here are a bunch of the kids on our hike. They are the greatest kids and get along so well!
Here's Mike with Melia on the hike.
Here's Spencer and his adorable younger cousin, Kennedy. I think of all the cousins on Mike's side that Melia looks the most like Kennedy. They both have those beautiful "Disney" eyes. I love them!
On our way home we stopped at the harbor to take some pictures. Trinidad was really such a gorgeous city and I loved the harbor and the lighthouse. It was so beautiful! There were SO many HUGE ships in the harbor it was AMAZING but I didn't get any good pictures of them because it was so foggy that day. :( Oh well.
Here's more of the gorgeous town of Trinidad. I love that beautiful white church with the blue accents.
As much as I loved our campground (it was really neat) I decided if I ever go back to Trinidad and to the Redwoods, I am going to stay here--at this bed and breakfast that is right across the street from the lighthouse and the harbor.
On our way to Trinidad and on our way home, we stopped in Sacramento for a day to get some rest. We stayed with Mike's sister Heather and her family and they were so sweet to let us crash there. A ton of us crashed there on our way to and from the reunion and it was pretty packed in their house! Here are Mike and his brother Justin taking a nap on Saturday afternoon before our all night drive back to Utah.
Here's Nicole the "little mama" with Melia and Lydia.
Here's Mike and Melia with Heather and her husband Kendall and their cute kids, Nicole, Mason, Luke, and Evelyn.
Here's little Lukie holding Melia. He was so sweet with her.














1 comment:
looks like such a fun trip. dont you just love family reunions
Post a Comment