This is real life. The truth is, I'm not that great at it. But this is it, and it is my life. You want me to post pictures of what I wear every day? You'd have a collaboration of different yoga pants, and oversized t-shirts--some worn multiple days in a row {cringe}! You want to know my toddler lunch meal ideas? They often vary between dino nuggets, pb&j, or ravioli--but hey, at least it's the frozen kind and not Chef Boyardee...although that has made a few appearances! You want pictures of my home decor? Well my house is usually a mess. There are dishes in the sink and laundry to be put away. Most days, with my two crazy sidekicks calling the shots, I don't have time to shower, and rarely even do my hair {am I really admitting this in a public forum?!}! But this is life, and it is my life. And I'm lucky enough to get to share it with an amazing husband and the 3 cutest kids in the world, so no matter how you look it, I'm the luckiest!

Sunday, October 17, 2010

"Castin' My Spell"

by Johnny Otis

I'm castin' my spell on you, I'm castin' my spell on you
I'm castin' my spell on you, you'll never never be untrue


On Friday my friend Sally and I took Melia to Gardner Village for a little outing.  I dressed her up in her witch costume for the occasion.  She really had so much fun checking out all the cute little witches and she loved being outside and watching all the people.
 
Here she is upon our arrival at Gardner Village.  She was so excited to be out an about.

I didn't buy a witch hat for her cause I knew she'd never keep it on, so I made that little headband decoration instead.  But she did try on a hat, it looked pretty darn cute.
 

The big green witch "Fiona" was her favorite!  She was totally hamming it up for the camera and was being so cute!  She even held the froggy's hand.  By the time I was done taking her picture I turned around and realized we'd accumulated a big crowd watching her.  I thought maybe they were waiting to get their pictures with Fiona, but as soon as I picked Melia up to go, they all left too.  :)

 
 It was such a fun outing!  Thanks Sally for the great idea!



 
*
Here are just a few other recent pictures.

Melia and cousin Caylie in the playhouse and Grandma and Grandpa's house.
 Brennan, Spencer, Caylie and Melia in the playhouse.
 
 Just sittin in the bushes.  :)

Cousin Caylie painted Melia's nails.  Melia wouldn't hold still, so it got all over, but it was still adorable.

What happens when Daddy leaves the pantry open!

Lia and Chief lookin out the (filthy) window by the door.   They are always fighting for the view.  :)

Chubby little Halloween kitty!

Crawlin cat.


The kitty walk!  :)

We went to the Home Show last weekend and this is what Melia wore, along with some cute witch slippers.  Her shirt says "Little Devil."  I was shocked at how much attention she got.  I've always been hesitant to put such a huge flower on her head, but it was a big hit!  :)

Okay, this is my FAVORITE outfit.  (With or without the hat.)  Mike didn't like the hat, but I thought it looked cute.  Mike's dad said, "She looks like a cancer survivor" in the hat.  WHATEVER, I think it's cute!

And the dark hat really makes her eyes pop!  I think her little legs look so tan and skinny.
 Ahh I love that girl!

2 comments:

Katie Hagen said...

heather,
this does make me excited to have girls! exactly how many halloween costumes do you have for melia this year? she looks adorable in all of her outfits. ;)
i could play beginning of november, i could also get together any day next week if you're available. let me know! :)

Jacque said...

So cute! I am so happy we finally met. I hope we get together again soon so we can talk about our favorite TV shows.
My blog is www.elksfam.blogspot.com by the way.