At this time of thanks-giving, I thought I would give thanks for some of my blessings I've noticed over the last week. If you've read the blog, you know I'm thankful and so blessed to have an adorable little daughter, an incredible son, and an amazing husband. I have an awesome family and fabulous friends! I am so grateful to be a member of the church and to have the truth of the gospel in my life. But in addition to all those huge things, there are a lot of other little and big things I am grateful for.
I am grateful for the beautiful sunsets I can see from my back step.
And I am grateful that I could be safe and warm in my cozy house during the "blizzard." (The wind was so bad that the snow plastered our entire covered porch along with our porch bench and the wreath on our door. My poor pumpkins completely froze.)
The plows didn't make it to our little neighborhood until the morning, so you could not even tell where the street was! But I am grateful for the snow too. It's beautiful and it was fun to watch all the kids out there in the morning. The sidewalks had turned to total ice overnight and no one had shoveled yet. We live on a pretty steep hill and in the morning all the neighborhood kids went out and were sledding down the sidewalk--all the way to the bottom of the street. It looked like a blast! They even built a jump on the sidewalk!
I am very grateful for my strong and capable husband who shoveled the sidewalks for us and helps us make this house so nice. (Not to mention the entertainment that watching Mike shovel was for Melia--she loved watching him out the window and just kept laughing.)
I am also incredibly grateful that I was finally able to cut off Mike's nasty mop! His hair was getting sooo insanely long! He still looked dang handsome, but it's even better short! Look at all that hair! You could make an entire wig out of that!
(I just wanted to add in a few pics of my Oh-So-Handsome-Husband) These pictures don't do him justice--not many pictures do--because of the Morgan curse, which makes it so that Morgans CANNOT keep their eyes open in pictures very well. These pictures are just 2 of about 10--in all the rest his eyes were completely closed. :)
But whether or not you can see his eyes--his smile is fabulous regardless!
I am so grateful that we were able to spend Thanksgiving at my parents house with most of my family (except my brother and his family who live in Kansas). On top of that I am grateful that my mom stashes sudoku books all over her house which offer hours of entertainment for my husband, in which time I can chat with my sisters and hang out with my nieces and nephews.
I am grateful for this little smile... and for the fun the kids could have at Grandma's house on Thanksgiving. Melia is looking at her brother in this picture, of course!
(Don't tell grandpa this is why all his magazines are smashed...)
I am grateful that this little girl has the best big brother in the world.
He is so sweet and loves her so much--I could not ask for a better son.
I am thankful for my 3 sisters and that all 3 of them could make it to Thanksgiving dinner (but sadly, we missed my 4th sister, Angela, my brother's wife). It's been a crazy week for all 3 of them so it was pretty miraculous that they all made it. My sister Stephanie had shoulder surgery, my sister Kristy had a baby, cesarean section, and was released on Thanksgiving Day, and my sister Kim had a stroke (or something similar--the doctors are not entirely sure) on Tuesday and was hospitalized also. She was able to make it to TG dinner and although she is still unable to speak well, we were grateful she could make it.
He is so sweet and loves her so much--I could not ask for a better son.
I am thankful for my 3 sisters and that all 3 of them could make it to Thanksgiving dinner (but sadly, we missed my 4th sister, Angela, my brother's wife). It's been a crazy week for all 3 of them so it was pretty miraculous that they all made it. My sister Stephanie had shoulder surgery, my sister Kristy had a baby, cesarean section, and was released on Thanksgiving Day, and my sister Kim had a stroke (or something similar--the doctors are not entirely sure) on Tuesday and was hospitalized also. She was able to make it to TG dinner and although she is still unable to speak well, we were grateful she could make it.
I am grateful for my sister Stephanie's creativity. She brought an art project for all the kids (and some adults too). The kids all had a lot of fun. They made pictures in CD cases with beans. Here's Spencer's self portrait. (The green is the grass and the yellow is the sun.)
And I am grateful for the Place Family's finished product of the art project! :) Hehe! My brother-in-law (the DIE HARD Ute fan) made a U, and my nephew Matt made a B for Bountiful High. I made a Y for BYU for Mike and when I laid it down to dry with all the other art projects, it just so happened we spelled this... If you know my family, you know they're ALL pretty die hard Utes, so I thought it was hilarious! GOOO COUGARS!
(My nephew Brayden made the W at the top and it says Wild Cats for Woods Cross High and my nephew Ryan made the XC for cross country track--he's on the WX XC team.) I also made the circular design on the right of the 2nd row.
I am so grateful for my brand new little niece with her tiny toes and her beautiful red hair.
Ashley Ann Powell, Monday, November 22, 2010. 6 lbs. 6 oz. Perfect as can be.
This week I am grateful for all my nieces (and nephews too of course). And especially for Kalia and the sweet way she plays with Melia and is so gentle with baby Ashley. She is so kind and loving towards Melia, especially for a 2 year old. I don't know many 2 year olds who can be so sweet to 1 year olds.
Funny story: We picked up my sister Stephanie and her daughter Kalia on our way to meet baby Ashley for the first time. After already facing 30 minutes in the car, Melia was not pleased when Stephanie and Kali got in the car and we continued driving. After a couple minutes Melia started screaming her head off wanting out of the car. Kali said, "Her no want to see Ashley." We told her Melia was just ornery and would be okay. Then later she said it again, "Her no want to see Ashley." After a few more minutes of screaming, Kali said, "Her no like Ashley!" (She was trying to calm Melia down--trying to sing to her, sharing her blankie, etc. but to no avail. I think she was even trying to translate Melia's cries for us, trying to explain why Melia was sad.) Finally Kali said very matter of factly, "Her HATE Ashley!" It was pretty funny. Sad, but funny. Kali was very concerned. We tried to explain to her that Melia was just sick of being in the car, but she didn't let it go until we finally got Melia out of the car at the hospital and she calmed down. :)
Here's little Ashley in the arms of a loving Grandpa--I am so grateful my kids have such loving grandparents on both sides and such fun cousins, older and younger.
Here's a big stretch from the "Little Turkey"!
I hope you all had a HAPPY THANKSGIVING and were able to count your blessings!











No comments:
Post a Comment