We had so much fun at Hollywood Studios. Spencer didn't think he would like it nearly as much as any of the other parks, but I knew he'd love it. It ended up being one of his favorites.
One of our favorite rides was Toy Story Midway Mania. This ride is so dang fun. It is a ride/3D video game. It really is pretty incredible and super fun. This ride is soooo much better than the Buzz Lightyear rides at Disneyland and Disney World's Magic Kingdom. The line for it was pretty awesome too. At all the Disney World Parks they seem to be trying to upgrade their lines to be more fun and entertaining. A few of the rides even have fun games you can play in line. I hope they are trying it out at Disney World and will soon implement it at Disneyland.
Here we are posing with Mr. Potatohead at the Toy Story ride. (Please don't look too close at this picture, I look terrible.)
Here are Mike and Spencer in the Toy Story line by the giant Candy Land game. They had so many cute old fashioned games and toys in line. So fun!
The Tower of Terror was his favorite ride of our whole trip (which is located at Hollywood Studios) and I must say, I love it too. It is different than the one at California Adventure and I hadn't ridden the one at Hollywood Studios since I was 11. It moves on a track during the ride and feels even more unpredictable to me. It also seems to hover in the air a little longer when you go back up so you seem to float above your seat for an extra long time. Definitely thrilling. Super fun. Spencer hasn't ever been on the Tower of Terror in Florida and hadn't been on the one in California for a year or two. He loved it then, but was terrified to go again because he couldn't remember it all. He cried in line, but ended up loving it!
The same thing happened for the Rockin' Roller Coaster. This is an indoor roller coaster much like Space Mountain except you're supposed to be in a car going to an Aerosmith show so there's loud music and big neon street signs illuminated by black lights. It's pretty awesome, but what scared Spencer is that just like Space Mountain you cannot see most of the roller coaster from the line, but you can see it take off and this one blasts off rather than starting slowly. I wasn't sure we'd get him on the ride, but he climbed right on (tears and all) and ended up loving it too.
Spencer is super into illustrating and wants to write and illustrate his own book and have it published by the time he is 12. That's his dream. He is definitely an ambitious kid! He LOVES to write and he wants to get better at illustrating so when he heard there was a drawing class at Hollywood Studios, he was definitely excited. First we went to the art museum which was super cool and Spencer loved it.
Then we made out way to the drawing class.
At our art class they taught us to draw Donald Duck. Considering our family's serious lack of artistic talent, I think we did pretty dang well. Here is my Donald Duck:
And last but certainly not least, here's Spencer's Donald Duck: (I think he did a fabulous job! So cute!)
We also had fun at the Honey I Shrunk the Kids oversized playground. Here's Spencer sliding out of a giant roll of film down a giant leaf! (Technically I guess the leaf and the film are supposed to be normal sized and Spencer is miniature.)
And here are miniature Mike and Spencer being sniffed by the big dog. :)
One of my favorite parts of Hollywood Studios was getting to see Fantasmic. I hadn't seen Fantasmic since I was a little child at Disneyland so it was really fun to get to see it again. It really is an amazing show and we thoroughly enjoyed it! We absolutely loved Hollywood Studios!





No comments:
Post a Comment