This is real life. The truth is, I'm not that great at it. But this is it, and it is my life. You want me to post pictures of what I wear every day? You'd have a collaboration of different yoga pants, and oversized t-shirts--some worn multiple days in a row {cringe}! You want to know my toddler lunch meal ideas? They often vary between dino nuggets, pb&j, or ravioli--but hey, at least it's the frozen kind and not Chef Boyardee...although that has made a few appearances! You want pictures of my home decor? Well my house is usually a mess. There are dishes in the sink and laundry to be put away. Most days, with my two crazy sidekicks calling the shots, I don't have time to shower, and rarely even do my hair {am I really admitting this in a public forum?!}! But this is life, and it is my life. And I'm lucky enough to get to share it with an amazing husband and the 3 cutest kids in the world, so no matter how you look it, I'm the luckiest!

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Baby Brother!!!

We're sure excited to be having a BOY!  A couple of days before the ultrasound we were at church and Melia was sitting on my lap.  She kept poking my belly and saying, "Baby!  Baby!  Baby!"  She's pretty cute about it.  So I asked her, "Melia, is it a boy or a girl?"  She just looked at me blankly.  I said, "Is the baby a boy or a girl?"  We've been practicing "boys" and "girls" lately and she's pretty good at it.  I thought she'd say "girl" because it was the last thing I'd said.  But she immediately started poking my stomach again and said, "Boy!  Boy!"

Well...she was right!

Here he is.  Our little guy, waving hi to the world!

Here is his upper torso and head.  I think that's his heart you can see in his chest.
Here's our little guy's little arm.

Look at those cute little crossed feet.

Luckily he didn't keep his feet crossed the whole time, and eventually decided to let us take a good look.  He didn't want there to be any doubt about what he was...and boy...there was no doubt!  (Don't you love how the tech wrote "100% Boy"?  Lol.)  When we finally got to this view angle I was shocked.  I always had a "feeling" it was a boy, but everyone kept telling me I was wrong because I have had such bad nausea and vomiting everyone said it's usually the estrogen that causes that.  But I didn't have it with Melia.  I guess boys just make me sick!  :)  I knew what we were looking at long before the tech said a thing.  As soon as this came up I said, "WOW...is this between his legs?"  She said "It sure is!" and then wrote the "100% Boy" on the screen.  :)
 

Oh no...we might have a little thumb sucker on our hands!

Can you see any family resemblance??!  He definitely has Melia's nose!  :)  I cannot wait to see his little face in real life!  :)  Mike says that's my nose.  We saw it in one of Melia's ultrasounds and Mike had always said he wanted a baby with my nose.  When we got that ultrasound of Melia he was so excited she had "my nose."  :)  Now our little guy has the same little nose.  I always hated my nose, but on Melia, whether it's mine or not, it's so darn cute and I am sure it'll be cute on this little guy too.

This one is similar to the other one, but I just love it.  So cute!  And you can see his little spine too.  Oh I already love this little guy with his little nose and his little feet.  That's our boy!

1 comment:

Perry's said...

that is so exciting. Congrats. Can't wait to see him