This is real life. The truth is, I'm not that great at it. But this is it, and it is my life. You want me to post pictures of what I wear every day? You'd have a collaboration of different yoga pants, and oversized t-shirts--some worn multiple days in a row {cringe}! You want to know my toddler lunch meal ideas? They often vary between dino nuggets, pb&j, or ravioli--but hey, at least it's the frozen kind and not Chef Boyardee...although that has made a few appearances! You want pictures of my home decor? Well my house is usually a mess. There are dishes in the sink and laundry to be put away. Most days, with my two crazy sidekicks calling the shots, I don't have time to shower, and rarely even do my hair {am I really admitting this in a public forum?!}! But this is life, and it is my life. And I'm lucky enough to get to share it with an amazing husband and the 3 cutest kids in the world, so no matter how you look it, I'm the luckiest!

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Islands of Adventure

We had a lot of fun at Universal's Islands of Adventure.  It is one of my favorite theme parks.  It is especially fun for teenagers because it has so many thrill rides and roller coasters.  Unfortunately Spencer was too short for some of those rides, but that was probably good for me considering I'm pregnant and probably would've felt sick on them.

Here I am with Spencer on the Storm X-men ride.  It's similar to the teacups at Disney except it really spins you with some force!  I am telling you that look on my face is not posed, even though it looks totally fake!
One fun thing about Islands of Adventure is that there are a lot of super heroes.  Here's Spencer with Hulk's car.  :)
 And here's Spence posing like Wolverine. 
 I'm not exactly sure whose car this is...maybe the X-men?
Aside from the Harry Potter stuff, our favorite ride was the Spiderman ride.  When it was made, there was nothing else like it.  Still to this day I've never ridden anything like it, although the Harry Potter ride is similar--but so different too.  The Spiderman ride is 3D and it's like a simulator except that you really are moving on a track--it's pretty awesome.  Here we are in line with our 3D glasses on.  :)
The cartoon/comic stuff was pretty cool.  Spencer thought this bomb was awesome and loved setting it off.
Here he is in Popeye's boat playhouse thing holding up the cans of spinach.  Such a muscle-man!  :)
I thought this thought bubble was perfect for me.  :)
Isn't he a cute kid?  I love that face!
One of the highlights of our trip to Islands of Adventure was meeting this little guy.  At the stroller parking area we found him in the back of someone's stroller eating their apple pie.  Haha!  I can't believe he climbed right in there!
Here's a closer look at Mr. Squirrel.  When the owners of the stroller came back they tried to shake him out of the stroller and he wouldn't get out.  They had to practically turn the whole thing upside down.  Apparently that apple pie was too good to resist!  Lol! 
When they finally got him out he didn't go too far.  Isn't he a cute little guy?  Look at that bushy little tail!

Seriously!  So cute!
He let me get awfully close!  He obviously isn't afraid of people from living at the park.
Here are Mike and Spencer at the Jurassic Park land.
Here's Spencer holding a dinosaur egg.
And with the Jurassic Park SUV.  Check out that creepy dino in the back.
Dr. Seuss land was pretty fun and super colorful.  This was in line for one of the rides.
Mike and I took a self portrait in one of the mirrors.
Here's a closer view.

This is the view from the train ride in Seuss land.  Pretty cute.



Spencer with...umm...a yellow cat in the hat?  A Sneech with no star?  I really am not sure who this is...but it's cute!  :)
Oh no, the police caught him!  :)
This was in the Cat in the Hat ride.  It was super cute.  I eventually got in trouble for having my camera...oops.

Spencer loved the little play area / water area. 
 I don't think Spencer realized what those handles did til he pulled them and soaked this random girl.  Haha!  You can see from the look on his face he was stunned and immediately let go of the handles. 
 And here's Mike getting Spencer with the water.
Spencer and I rode the cow.  :)

It was super fun!  But this thought bubble definitely describes how we felt when it was all over!  :)
 

3 comments:

Taren said...

oh my gosh, that first picture is priceless.

chelsea said...

oh that looks like so much fun! You're the best at taking pictures, I always forget!

Shooting Star said...

What a fun place! That makes me excited to go back one day. We only went to DisneyWorld.