This is real life. The truth is, I'm not that great at it. But this is it, and it is my life. You want me to post pictures of what I wear every day? You'd have a collaboration of different yoga pants, and oversized t-shirts--some worn multiple days in a row {cringe}! You want to know my toddler lunch meal ideas? They often vary between dino nuggets, pb&j, or ravioli--but hey, at least it's the frozen kind and not Chef Boyardee...although that has made a few appearances! You want pictures of my home decor? Well my house is usually a mess. There are dishes in the sink and laundry to be put away. Most days, with my two crazy sidekicks calling the shots, I don't have time to shower, and rarely even do my hair {am I really admitting this in a public forum?!}! But this is life, and it is my life. And I'm lucky enough to get to share it with an amazing husband and the 3 cutest kids in the world, so no matter how you look it, I'm the luckiest!

Sunday, July 17, 2011

An Eternal Family

Okay, folks!  I am ALMOST DONE with Biology and will be back to normal life and the bloggersphere very soon.  :)  I am sure you've all been waiting with baited breath!  :)  Tomorrow I am taking my FINAL and then it'll be all over.  Wish me luck as this portion of the material has been incredibly difficult to learn/memorize.  I need all the luck I can get.  However, I was very proud of myself--I just got the results back from my 2nd short answer portion and I got 100% which was truly shocking to me!  I studied extra hard for that part because I had gotten a 72% on the previous short answer portion and wanted to do better--luckily that was successful.  On the multiple choice of test 1 I got 90% and on the short answer I got 72%.  On the multiple choice of test 2 I got 80% and on the short answer I got 100%.  On the multiple choice of test 3 I got 88% and I have not yet received the grades for the short answer of that section.  At any rate I will definitely PASS the class.  :)  Which is what matters and I'll be so glad to be done with it.  While there are a few parts of the class which I've found quite interesting; most of it has not been so great...I'll be glad to be done!  :)

So although I said there would be no blogging until I was done--yesterday was a very special day and I wanted to write about it.

Yesterday I had the amazing opportunity to witness the sealing of my friends Jamie and RJ to their sweet little boy Tyson in the Draper Temple.  Jamie and RJ have been unable to have biological children of their own but were able to adopt sweet Tyson in March of 2010.  The way things worked out was miraculous and it was apparent to all those who knew them and their situation, that Tyson was always meant to be theirs.  Of Tyson's birth Jamie writes on her blog:


Picture this, baby coming, a train blocking the path, whistle blowing and so in an ant hill on the side of a road she gave birth to our baby...

Jamie and RJ didn't even know anything about this little guy until the day before he was born when their case worker asked if she could send their profile to the birth mother.  She ended up having the baby the next day and Jamie and RJ's profile was rushed to her.  Hours later they were called and told to get on a plane to meet their baby.  Had they not already been chosen by a previous birth mother and had the adoption fall through at the last minute, they never would've been ready for Tyson.  It was all a miracle.  Ty didn't have a name for the first little while in the hospital so the nurses referred to him as  Choo-Choo (due to the story of his birth).  How cute is that?  And another little miracle-in-the-making, it just so happens that the baby blanket that RJ and Jamie brought with them for sweet baby Tyson just so happened to have choo-choo trains all over it.  :)


I totally did not have permission to steal this picture from RJ and Jamie's blog, but hopefully they won't mind!  :)  The sealing was so special.  I've only witnessed marriages--never a sealing with children before this.  Ty looked so cute in all white, and I could not help crying at the happiness of the occasion.  I am so happy for RJ and Jamie and know that Ty was always meant to be theirs.  It really solidifies my faith that all things happen in the Lord's time and there is a plan for everything.  Although I am sure at the time it was very difficult for Jamie and RJ to understand why their plans for having children were not going their way, it is so amazing now to see that God did have a plan for them.  Adoption is truly amazing.  I still hope that one day Mike and I will be able to adopt a little girl or two from China.

Thank you Jamie and RJ for sharing your special day with me! 

No comments: