Well, here it is--the official DUE DATE photo.

Ideally the baby will decide to come on his own sometime next week. That'd make me happy--especially if I can get Mike's old dresser refinished and into Evera's room with all his clothes in it before he comes. That'd be nice. :)
I went to the doctor yesterday and he said I was still 2cm and 70% effaced (same as the week before) so I'm not progressing. I only gained a pound though and my belly is still 40cm so it hasn't really grown either since last week. So I think that's good. I wish I were progressing more because then I'd feel a little more comfortable about waiting it out, but what can I do.
Because of how awful my last labor and delivery went, I really really do not want to be induced. I also would rather not get an epidural because it didn't work last time so I'd rather go in expecting the pain and preparing for it rather than planning for the epidural and having it not work! Plus, it's better for the baby and better for me not to get it. There are so many risks and lasting side effects of epidurals so I don't want to get it, but I am not completely certain I can handle it. :) ANYWAY, I have had a lot of pressure to get induced (just like I did last time) and I don't want to give into it this time. If the doctor tells me he really thinks the baby is at risk, of course I will be induced, but otherwise I really want to wait. I know there are risks associated with that, but there are also a lot of risks associated with induction. If anyone has any POSITIVE feedback about WAITING IT OUT and/or going natural, I'd love to hear it!
5 comments:
I was induced and had an epidural with no problems, my second I went all natural, and I now would never have it any other way! it is completely worth the wait, and doing it natural is so neat! all the pain is sooo worth it at the end! there are so so so many more risks with inducing early, lots of doctors won't unless the baby is in trouble. and going into labor is such a cool experience, you will be glad you waited! Im excited for you!!
Good luck! I don't have any advice since I've been induced with all 4 of my kids and had epidurals every time but I hope it goes well for you and that he comes soon! Most women have much easier labors the second time around so I hope it's true for you. I remember being surprised at how much easier my second labor was. So good luck and we really do need to get together sometime soon. I think leaving it up to our husbands to figure out isn't working!
I had an epidural with Hannah. With Rya I was natural. With Hannah they hit my spine wrong. And they said that if they take it out too soon that it will give me a big big head ache like nothing I have ever felt. The only way to get rid of it was it get another epidural. They waited 8 hours. They took it out and I got such a bad head ache. The doctor went to go get the other doctor to give me an epidural. I told my brother and Blair that if they gave me a blessing it would go away without the epidural. It worked.
Also with the epidural it made my body just shake.
With Rya I was natural. It was not bad at all. The contractions are the worst. If you can get to an 8 you can do it natural. You fell so good after that baby comes out. You feel like you could run to your room. I walked to my room. I did great. I am going to try to keep doing all my kids natural.
Good luck. If you need anything let me know. I hope your sweet boy decides to show up soon. You still look great pregnant. Love ya Heather.
Not sure if the little guy has made his appearance yet or not, but yay for wanting to do it naturally! I loved (not really loved because how much can you actually "love" it?) my labor and delivery. It hurt and it was hard, but it was the best way for me and for my baby. Best of luck to you! You'll be great! Can't wait for pictures!
congrats on sticking to what felt right for YOUR birth! i did a natural birth with kade and had the most wonderful experience. but i got such a hard time from a lot of people for my choice. i think that a lot of people don't know of anything besides an epidural and aren't aware that there are other options for their birth. not to say that natural childbirth wasn't hard, but it was totally worth it for me. you feel like you can do ANYTHING afterwards! :) congrats on your new cutie!
Post a Comment