This is real life. The truth is, I'm not that great at it. But this is it, and it is my life. You want me to post pictures of what I wear every day? You'd have a collaboration of different yoga pants, and oversized t-shirts--some worn multiple days in a row {cringe}! You want to know my toddler lunch meal ideas? They often vary between dino nuggets, pb&j, or ravioli--but hey, at least it's the frozen kind and not Chef Boyardee...although that has made a few appearances! You want pictures of my home decor? Well my house is usually a mess. There are dishes in the sink and laundry to be put away. Most days, with my two crazy sidekicks calling the shots, I don't have time to shower, and rarely even do my hair {am I really admitting this in a public forum?!}! But this is life, and it is my life. And I'm lucky enough to get to share it with an amazing husband and the 3 cutest kids in the world, so no matter how you look it, I'm the luckiest!

Monday, January 16, 2012

a WONDERFUL start to the TERRIBLE twos!

MY BIRTHDAY GIRL
 THAT'S OUR BIG 2 YEAR OLD WITH HER BIRTHDAY CROWN!

I cannot believe my little baby girl is TWO!  She's sure grown up a lot in the last 2 years.  It's been amazing  2 years.  Who would've thought that one day I would fall utterly head over heels in love with a GIRL!  :)  I love this little goose so much I can hardly even begin to describe it.

On the morning of her birthday, Melia woke up to this (hand-me-down) play kitchen set up in the family room!  She was soooo excited.  It was really fun to see her play with it.  She LOVED it.
 
 We also had a party for both Melia and her cousin Lydia who also turned 2.  Here was their cute princess cake!
 Aww she sure loves this kid!
 Grandma and Evera.
 Sarah brought balloons for both girls.  They loved playing with them attached to their clothes.

Uhh these girls love eachother! Here they are opening their presents together.
Here's Melia with my dad and "The Birthday Bear!"  My dad bring this cute bear to all the kids' birthdays and it sings to them.  They LOVE it.
 And here he is reading the card to Melia.  :)
 Melia and Lydia both got these cute babydolls with a bottle from Lydia's other grandma.
 Lydia wasn't so sure about us singing Happy Birthday!  Lol!  I love that girl, she cracks me up!

Here are our cute girls waiting for us to sing happy birthday!  Shortly after Christmas, Lydia's family moved to Texas and we're missing them so bad!  Looking at these pictures kills me!
 Love these girls!
 Blowing out candles!
 They loved the cute princess cake toppers!
 These girls seriously adore eachother.  Now that they're apart it's so sad!  Melia likes to make up songs about Lydia and her parents Justin and Sarah.  Sarah told me sometimes Lydia will dance around doing dance moves that Lydia and Melia used to do together while giggling and squealing, "Mia!  Mia!"  Melia and Lydia have twinner showglobes with a picture of the two of them together in it.  (Lydia gave Melia one for Christmas.)  Apparently sometimes Lydia will try to "feed" Melia through the snowglobe.  SOO CUTE!
WE MISS LYDIA!  (And Justin and Sarah too!)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

We miss you guys too! Lydia was looking at this post with me and just loves Melia so much. (As I am typing this Lydia keeps trying to type which is driving me crazy so I moved the computer and she goes "Oh no! Mia!" because 'I took Melia away'. We will be coming out for a visit soon! I will let you know.