This is real life. The truth is, I'm not that great at it. But this is it, and it is my life. You want me to post pictures of what I wear every day? You'd have a collaboration of different yoga pants, and oversized t-shirts--some worn multiple days in a row {cringe}! You want to know my toddler lunch meal ideas? They often vary between dino nuggets, pb&j, or ravioli--but hey, at least it's the frozen kind and not Chef Boyardee...although that has made a few appearances! You want pictures of my home decor? Well my house is usually a mess. There are dishes in the sink and laundry to be put away. Most days, with my two crazy sidekicks calling the shots, I don't have time to shower, and rarely even do my hair {am I really admitting this in a public forum?!}! But this is life, and it is my life. And I'm lucky enough to get to share it with an amazing husband and the 3 cutest kids in the world, so no matter how you look it, I'm the luckiest!

Saturday, February 25, 2012

UTTER MORTIFICATION

Someone has stolen my daughter and unleashed a tiny troll!

Yesterday was QUITE a day.  As I've said before, our ward recently split.  I've really struggled with that.  Yesterday our new ward was having a playgroup at someone's home up on the mountain.  I decided to try to be outgoing and make new friends.

I was babysitting Melia's friend Brinley who is 3 and is also in our ward.  I decided to take the girls (and Evera of course) to the playgroup.  It was the first time I met most of the women there and the first time I had met the woman whose beautiful house we were at.  I was taking care of Evera and chatting with some girls and didn't notice that Melia and Brinley had left the room.  Shortly thereafter, the host of the playgroup came and found me.  She lead me up the stairs, and to her master bedroom where Brinley came running out STARK NAKED.  She then led me through the master bedroom and into the master bathroom where I found Melia FULLY CLOTHED, TAKING A BATH!  Yes, I said TAKING A BATH, with bath toys and all.  Melia was sopping wet, the water was running, there were a million bath toys and both Melia and Brinley were SQUEALING WITH DELIGHT.  I was absolutely MORTIFIED!  I told the host, Melodie, that I was MORTIFIED.  I kept apologizing but she just kept saying, "No, I'm just embarrassed my bathroom is so messy!"  As my utter mortification sat in more and more, I just started crying.  I could not hold it back.  I was sooo embarrassed.  Then I proceeded to apologize for crying.  Lol.  She was super sweet and told me she is one of 9 kids and this was nothing to her.  I am still horribly embarrassed by the whole thing though.  I took off Melia's dripping wet sweater and skirt, leaving on her t-shirt and her leggins.  Then I put on Brinley's dry clothes.  And we up and left as quickly as possible.  UGH!  But don't you worry...that wasn't the end of my fabulous day...

We got back to my house and the girls started playing in the kitchen.  I walked in to see Melia sitting her little bum right down in Chief's water bowl.  WHAT THE CRAP?!  "Melia!" I shouted.  She jumped up in surprise and IMMEDIATELY responded, "BRINLEY DID IT!"  I thought perhaps she meant Brinley had started it, but Brin was perfectly dry.  She was trying to say it wasn't her, it was Brinley.  I SAW MELIA SIT DOWN IN THE BOWL and she tried to say it was Brinley.  Obviously she has discovered the THE INVENTION OF LYING.  Good heavens!  But she also, obviously, needs to learn the rules of lying...  At any rate, she (HONESTLY) did not used to lie.  She had not yet realized it was a possibility.  But then one day at school she, Brinley, and Matthew were being little stinkers and something happened and she told me Matthew had done it.  Brinley agreed, but Matthew said Melia had done it.  That was the moment the light bulb turned on.  I could see it in her eyes as it registered...He just said something that wasn't true...hey...I could say something that isn't true...  And since that day, she has known about lying and has tested it out on quite a few occasions.  UGH!  She also recently discovered that she can disobey and say no.  And now she says it ALL THE TIME.  (Sigh...)  She used to just do whatever I told her...not so much anymore.

DON'T YOU WORRY THOUGH, even with the bathtub and the water bowl she STILL had NOT YET reached the CROWING MOMENT OF HER DAY.  She needed a nap.  SOOO BAD.  But even more than that, I NEEDED A NAP!  Finally I just told her to stay in bed and shut her in her room.  I went to bed and could hear her throwing a bit of a fit but after a while she was quiet.  I assumed she'd fallen asleep.  About 20 minutes later I heard her pounding on her door.  I got up and went to check.  As I opened the door there was an overwhelming smell.  A good smell, but too much.  Melia had dumped an ENTIRE BOTTLE of BABY POWDER on the floor / on her bed / all over herself.  She had ALSO wiped Eucerin cream on the floor and ALL OVER her dresser.  UGH!  She had scaled her changing table to retrieve these things she KNOWS she's not supposed to get into.  What a NAUGHTY LITTLE STINKER!  I vacuumed and vacuumed and vacuumed her floor.  Today I was sitting on her floor in black pants and when I stood up, my pants were STILL all powdery white.  AHH!  

I do not know what to do.  Someone has stolen my sweet angel child and UNLEASHED A TINY TROLL!  PLEASE HELP ME!!!

3 comments:

Perry's said...

I am so sorry. I Have had days where my kids have been like that. Never have they taken a bath in someone's bath. I am glad the mother was not mad over it. I think age 3 is worse then age 2. She is just getting you ready for what is to come. I don't know what you could do. Everyday I take in new challenges. I would say get on your knees and ask the lord for help. Remember he is always there.

Rebecah Ogden said...

I read this and then read your terrible two post. All I gotta say is that 3 is worse than 2 so be prepared! :) The tantrums are the worst! Have you read Parenting with Love and Logic? There are some good tips in there and then there is another book 1 2 3 magic. I've not read that one but I've been told it's also good.

Tiff Hunt said...

Oh Honey.....This is the age where they go from Angel baby to HELL baby! I'm so sorry! I have the book 1-2-3 magic if you want to borrow it. The only advice I can give you is to be patient, and be consistent! Also make sure to give her choices. Ones that you can be happy with, which ever she chooses. Try not to spank...That one is SUPER hard for me. Good luck my friend!