This is real life. The truth is, I'm not that great at it. But this is it, and it is my life. You want me to post pictures of what I wear every day? You'd have a collaboration of different yoga pants, and oversized t-shirts--some worn multiple days in a row {cringe}! You want to know my toddler lunch meal ideas? They often vary between dino nuggets, pb&j, or ravioli--but hey, at least it's the frozen kind and not Chef Boyardee...although that has made a few appearances! You want pictures of my home decor? Well my house is usually a mess. There are dishes in the sink and laundry to be put away. Most days, with my two crazy sidekicks calling the shots, I don't have time to shower, and rarely even do my hair {am I really admitting this in a public forum?!}! But this is life, and it is my life. And I'm lucky enough to get to share it with an amazing husband and the 3 cutest kids in the world, so no matter how you look it, I'm the luckiest!

Thursday, May 24, 2012

BIG SISTER

 
To Melia, being a BIG SISTER is even better than being a PRINCESS!

She really, REALLY loves her little brother.
 
 She loves to play with him and do whatever he does.  Look how sweet she is holding his arm!
 She also likes to force him to do whatever SHE is doing--like playing dress up.  She put a necklace of silly bands on his neck and pretty rings on his fingers.  This is seriously my favorite picture of the two of him.  She is SOOOOO happy and he is SOOOOO mad.  Lol.
I love how Melia puts the jewels on the inside of her hand.  She puts them there so SHE can see them.  :)
 Melia LOVES to climb on Evera's crib to check up on him.
And he loves seeing her.
 She also likes to climb IN Evera's crib and play with him.  She always asks me to go out and turn off the light so my TWO babies can sleep.  Then I come back in and say "Good morning!"  And she laughs and laughs.
 But I cannot leave her for more than a second because she climbs right on top of her brother and smothers him with kisses and loves.
 Sometimes though, when they are playing together, Evera exhausts Melia instead of the other way around!  I love this picture because Melia had climbed down on the floor to play with Ev and they were rolling around and she was giggling and the next thing I knew she was sound asleep and he was still playing hard!
 Melia loves to share her toys with her baby brother.  :)
 His face in this picture cracks me up.
 In the morning Melia begs me to let Ev sit on the couch with her to watch CareBears.
 She loves to snuggle him too.  :)
One of Melia's favorite things though, is to play "Caterpillar."  I have NO idea where she got it from or how she even knows what a caterpillar is because she's never seen one, but she loves to climb on top of him like this when he is on her belly and then she says they're a caterpillar.
 She just loves her brother.
Here she is playing in his crib with him again.
Here she is holding him at the park.
 She was so excited to help me put him on a swing for the first time.
He HATED it.
She was excited to swing together though.
 Evera seemed to like tandem swinging a little better...but only a little!
 For some odd reason, one of Melia's other favorite things is to do is random acrobatics over Evera.
 I really don't know why, and I always worry that she is going to fall on him.
 But she's pretty good at it.  :)
 Here they are again, watching cartoons. :)  I love how Melia is too enthralled in CareBears to look away from the TV, but she still smiles for the camera.  :)
 And again, in the crib.
 Ever since Evera was born, Melia has LOVED to climb right on top of him in his car seat.  I feel like I am always yelling, "MELIA, GET OFF OF YOUR BROTHER!!"
 And then she gives me that look, "What mom?!"
 One day Evera was crying when I'd leave the room but I needed to finish the laundry.  So I brought him with me and just put him in the laundry basket with the laundry.  Well Melia insisted that she get in the basket too.  Then I had to push them around the house, laundry and all.  :)
Melia really is the BEST big sister ever.  (Even when she tries to use the booger sucker on him...)  She loves her little brother more than anything and would do anything for him.
The other day we were at Mike's parent's house and Evera was crawling towards the stairs.  I got upset and kindof squealed as I ran to him to save him from the fall and Melia immediately started crying and screaming, "Evera! Evera!"  She was sooo worried about him.

If I ever need to go somewhere and want to either take Evera with me and leave Melia at home, or take Melia with me and leave Evera at home, Melia cries, "I want my baby brother!"  She often refers to him as her "baby brother."  It is so sweet.  I love it.

She is so protective of him and she loves him so much.
 

2 comments:

Brittney and Scott said...

You are so lucky. What cute kids you have.

Katie Hagen said...

Aw, they have such a sweet little relationship already! Sibling love melts my heart.