This is real life. The truth is, I'm not that great at it. But this is it, and it is my life. You want me to post pictures of what I wear every day? You'd have a collaboration of different yoga pants, and oversized t-shirts--some worn multiple days in a row {cringe}! You want to know my toddler lunch meal ideas? They often vary between dino nuggets, pb&j, or ravioli--but hey, at least it's the frozen kind and not Chef Boyardee...although that has made a few appearances! You want pictures of my home decor? Well my house is usually a mess. There are dishes in the sink and laundry to be put away. Most days, with my two crazy sidekicks calling the shots, I don't have time to shower, and rarely even do my hair {am I really admitting this in a public forum?!}! But this is life, and it is my life. And I'm lucky enough to get to share it with an amazing husband and the 3 cutest kids in the world, so no matter how you look it, I'm the luckiest!

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

"My Guy"

by Mary Wells

Nothing you could say
Can tear me away from my guy
Nothing you could do
'Cause I'm stuck like glue to my guy

I'm stickin' to my guy
Like a stamp to a letter
Like the birds of a feather
We stick together
I'm tellin' you from the start
I can't be torn apart from my guy
I cannot begin to tell you how much fun it is to be a mother of both a girl AND a boy.  They are so similar and yet so different from one another.  Evera is so much fun.  It's funny to look back on my time with Evera and my time with Melia.  I remember before he was born thinking, "I'll never be able to love him as much as I love her."  And now looking back on it I always think, "I couldn't possibly have loved her THIS much when she was this age..."  The love I have for both of them just grows and grows and I always feel like there is nothing more to give but then my love just keeps growing.  If you had to ask me which one I loved more, or which one I would take with me if I could only take one, there is no possible way I could decide.  I love them both equally yet so differently.  When I think about him I think "There is no one or no thing in the entire world I love more" (not even Melia) but when I think about her, it's the exact same..."There is no one or no thing in the entire world I love more" (even Evera).  It is the craziest feeling.  And then there's Spencer and there's Mike and how could I possibly love all these people so much, my heart is going to explode...but it doesn't.  And I just keep loving them with all I have and I think I have nothing more to give and then Spencer does something or Melia says something and somehow my love just grows!  (Sigh) I don't even know how to explain it...
Anyway, this post is about MY GUY!  Just like the last post of Melia, these pictures are kindof in sequential order but I have two cameras so they get mixed up in my iphoto so they're sortof random.  I cannot believe how much he has grown over the past 4 months or so!
Here he is on one of our walks.
And here he is checking out his jumping, singing Tigger that he got for Christmas.  He's not so sure what he thinks of him...
Ope, I guess he decided...
Ooh sooo mad...maybe it wasn't Tigger, maybe it was just the hatred of tummy time...
(can you believe how dark his hair was back then??!  CRAZY!!)

Hello friend...
Snoozin...
Snuggly asleep in his towel after the bath.
Little cougar!

Love that smile.
He loves his cousin Taylor.
That tongue used to be out A LOT!

How beautiful is he?  Look at those eyelashes!
He likes the bouncy chair!

And the jumparoo.
I love this picture.  This kid is so smiley.  You can tell from his face that he's been crying really hard, but he is so easy to cheer up and make smile.
And even make laugh!
He loves snuggling with Daddy!  Here he is watching Music and the Spoken Word.  That is Mike's favorite TV show (lol) and Ev's too!
And he really loves time with his big brother!
This is his best friend, Colton!  (They're best friends by default because they're always stuck together because Colton's older sister Brinley and Melia are stuck like glue.)  :)  But Colton loves Evera.  One of his first words (if not his very first word) was "Ev-ah."  His mom was so surprised when he started saying it!  Evera loves Colton too!
How cute is he?

I love it when they get to that stage where they love to spend time in the exersaucer / jumparoo.
Oh my gosh, could he get any cuter?!

 He loves "hangin out" with daddy!
And wants to just be by Daddy, even when he is so tired that he just falls asleep at Daddy's feet while he works.  :)
Evera HATES swinging.  This picture cracks me up because it's that smile right before he starts screaming in pure terror.  
Evera is the funniest kid.  He doesn't crawl around things, he just climbs over or through.  If there is a chair in the way he will climb over the center rungs to get through.  I was taking pictures of Evera attempting to climb over the vacuum and it was so funny because I shot the photo right as he fell over it while climbing.
 I think he looks so much like his daddy sometimes!
 Here he is trying to climb over the pack-n-play.
 High centered...
 Yet always so happy...
Even when he can't get over...
 Ooh the little stinker discovered the puffs in my diaper bag.
 He loves to eat!
 I took this picture when I discovered he had pulled up to something into a standing position for the first time.  I snapped the picture just in time right as he started to fall down.
 Mmmm PIZZA!
 Mmmm SPAGHETTI!
 So messy yet so yummy!!
Whoa!  Crazy monster!!
 "MOMMY, I LOVE SPAGHETTI!!"
 Gotta clean up after dinner!
 Sometime eating is just SO EXHAUSTING!
I cannot believe how big he's grown!
At 11 months he weighed in at 19.8 lbs.  He is in the 65th percentile for height, but only the 25th percentile for weight.  He's long and lean.  And growing fast.
 And proving to be a monkey, just like his sister!
 And he's just so stinkin' cute...
Ah I love this kid!

No comments: