This is real life. The truth is, I'm not that great at it. But this is it, and it is my life. You want me to post pictures of what I wear every day? You'd have a collaboration of different yoga pants, and oversized t-shirts--some worn multiple days in a row {cringe}! You want to know my toddler lunch meal ideas? They often vary between dino nuggets, pb&j, or ravioli--but hey, at least it's the frozen kind and not Chef Boyardee...although that has made a few appearances! You want pictures of my home decor? Well my house is usually a mess. There are dishes in the sink and laundry to be put away. Most days, with my two crazy sidekicks calling the shots, I don't have time to shower, and rarely even do my hair {am I really admitting this in a public forum?!}! But this is life, and it is my life. And I'm lucky enough to get to share it with an amazing husband and the 3 cutest kids in the world, so no matter how you look it, I'm the luckiest!

Monday, January 20, 2014

"The End of the Innocence"

by Don Henley

Offer up your best defense
But this is the end
This is the end of the innocence


OBVIOUSLY this is a post about the end of elementary school.  ;)  

Spencer did his country report on Wales.  His partner made the poster and he drew and colored the flag beneath it.  He did a great job.  Both Mike and I have ancestors from Wales, so it was cool that he got to do his project on Wales.  The surname "Morgan" is Welch and its origins are Celtic.

 He did a good job presenting.  Here he is explaining some stuff to the younger kids.  Luckily my parents went to Wales recently and brought home some stuff from there which Spencer used on his table--one was a tiny steel dragon (the one on the Welch flag) and another was the little lamb seen on the front right side of the table in the picture below.

It was so crazy to go to Spencer's 6th grade graduation and to realize that I now have a son in jr. high!  I feel like I was just IN jr. high!!  :)

Here's Spence at graduation with one of his best friends, Lucas.
 And here he is with another friend.  (And no, Spencer's friends are not really tall.  He just really IS that short!)
 There were stand ups of a bunch of different super heros at Graduation.  Here's Spence with the Hulk.
 And here Spencer is with MY Hulk.  ;)
 Here are all my cute family members with Batman.
 And Melia INSISTED on getting her picture taken with Superman.  :)
 Afterwards I took Spencer, Melia and Evera to Arctic Circle.

This face kills me!


 Mmmmmm ice cream!


 Melia was having fun hanging like monkey from the slide.
 But what killed me was how Evera would RUN and then jump and grab ahold of the bar and swing out.  He has got some serious muscles!!






 For some reason my kids are OBSESSED with the gumballs at Arctic Circle.  Seriously, I think that's as much of a draw as the playland.  Sometimes I spoil them and let them get icecream AND a gumball.  But if I ever say they can only have one, they ALWAYS pick a gumball.  (I am talking about Melia and Evera...Spencer would probably pick the icecream.)


 
Yeah, that's my boy!  All grown up!

No comments: