This is real life. The truth is, I'm not that great at it. But this is it, and it is my life. You want me to post pictures of what I wear every day? You'd have a collaboration of different yoga pants, and oversized t-shirts--some worn multiple days in a row {cringe}! You want to know my toddler lunch meal ideas? They often vary between dino nuggets, pb&j, or ravioli--but hey, at least it's the frozen kind and not Chef Boyardee...although that has made a few appearances! You want pictures of my home decor? Well my house is usually a mess. There are dishes in the sink and laundry to be put away. Most days, with my two crazy sidekicks calling the shots, I don't have time to shower, and rarely even do my hair {am I really admitting this in a public forum?!}! But this is life, and it is my life. And I'm lucky enough to get to share it with an amazing husband and the 3 cutest kids in the world, so no matter how you look it, I'm the luckiest!

Monday, July 28, 2014

ROAD TRIP

DISCLAIMER: Okay, I've really debated posting these pictures.  Let's be honest, I have, what I like to refer to as "the body of a mother." Things are not as they used to be.  :) And photos of myself, especially ones in a bathing suit, are not something I prefer to share publicly.  However, I also want to be a mother who isn't so concerned with her body image that she cannot play and enjoy time with her children to the fullest, regardless of her physique at the time.  I also want there to always be pictures of me playing with my kids and being happy, again, regardless of how I looked at the time.  In the past I've avoided posting pictures sometimes because I don't look great.  I don't want to do that anymore.  So from here on out, I am not going to worry about what I look like in pictures, I will post as many pictures of myself with my kids as I can, because I want them to remember the good times they've had with their mom.  

Back in November we took a road trip to Bakersfield, CA for Thanksgiving to stay at Mike's grandparent's house and spend time with the family.  We decided to stay the night in Vegas on our way there.  The kids really wanted to go swimming, so the next morning before heading to Bakersfield, we went for a swim.  

 Melia (and I) loved the hot tub!  :)
 This little monkey always tries to drink the water whenever he's in a pool / hot tub / bath tub/ puddle.  :)
 Melia loved sliding down the railing.  Little stinker.

It was a gorgeous day for a swim.
 
 Mike thought it was too cold, so he stayed in his sweatshirt and sweatpants and just sat out, but the kids and I had a lot of fun.  The pool was a bit chilly, but it was well worth it to have so much fun with the kiddos.








 Look at that sheer happiness on his face!



 Whenever we stay at a hotel, the kids LOVE to ride on the luggage trolley!
 And then we were back on the road to Bakersfield (with our hourly dollar store prizes and snacks in tow to make the trip a little more bearable)!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think you are beautiful. Your kids are lucky to have such a fun mom.