This is real life. The truth is, I'm not that great at it. But this is it, and it is my life. You want me to post pictures of what I wear every day? You'd have a collaboration of different yoga pants, and oversized t-shirts--some worn multiple days in a row {cringe}! You want to know my toddler lunch meal ideas? They often vary between dino nuggets, pb&j, or ravioli--but hey, at least it's the frozen kind and not Chef Boyardee...although that has made a few appearances! You want pictures of my home decor? Well my house is usually a mess. There are dishes in the sink and laundry to be put away. Most days, with my two crazy sidekicks calling the shots, I don't have time to shower, and rarely even do my hair {am I really admitting this in a public forum?!}! But this is life, and it is my life. And I'm lucky enough to get to share it with an amazing husband and the 3 cutest kids in the world, so no matter how you look it, I'm the luckiest!

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Cousins = Fun!

My kids sure love their cousins.  In April and May they had a few fun opportunities to spend time with cousins.

Melia is always so excited with Lydia comes to visit and they always have so much fun together.  Here they are dancing with their daddies while Grandma plays the piano.  (And yes, Melia is wearing that Cinderella dress backwards.)



 In the middle of April, Hailey asked if she could come sleep over and help take care of my kids.  At one point while she was there I overheard her talking to a new acquaintance and she explained, "Our other cousin, Becca, moved to California, so I have to take her place and play with and take care of the kids."  :)  I thought it was pretty sweet she was trying to step in.

Hailey was babysitting and put the kids to bed.  I had to laugh when we got home and I found Melia and Hailey in Melia's room with all the lights on sleeping like this:  (Hailey with some aviator sunglasses on, and Melia with a scarf.)
 With Hailey's help, the kids put on a show for me.  :)
 Dang it, that is the cutest dragon I've ever seen!
 I think this is the prince carrying the princess.
 We went down to SMCC for the MOPS Boutique going on down there.  They had a sign saying Elsa would be there, so we had to check it out!  The kids were excited to meet Elsa.
 And get her signature!


 Melia got to take part in the fashion show they had.  :)


 Hailey was a little too big for children's clothes they had, but she managed to make a tutu fit so she could be in the show.  :)

 Sometimes Evera just has his own agenda.  We were eating lunch out on the front lawn at SMCC and Ev just walked out into the field and sat down all by himself.  I guess he needed some alone time.  :)

 What, mom?
 Its all good.
And even when cousins aren't around, we have a lot of fun with Grandma!

I also got come cool pictures of Grandma's flowers, and the bees!

Her garden is gorgeous.


No comments: