In March we took a family weekend getaway to Colorado. We stayed at Glenwood Hot Springs and then headed up to Breckenridge to see the Ice Castles there. I had always planned to take my kids to the Ice Castle here in Midway, but it ended up closing super early due to the warm winter we'd been having and I was so disappointed and sad. So Mike humored me and agreed to take a family trip to see the ones in Breckenridge. :) We really had a lot of fun on the trip. (Minus me getting crazy sick on the way home, but other than that, it was a great trip.)
Before leaving for the trip, I hit up the dollar store in order to get some prizes for the kids for the drive up. When we go on extra long road trips, I give the kids either a treat/snack or a surprise every hour. They love it.
I had to take a picture of the good-old wind turbines on our way out of town. I don't know why, but these things FREAK ME OUT!
I found these cute gold flip flops at the dollar store and they had them in my size and Melia's. Which is rare. I knew she'd be so excited to have "twinner" shoes with me. And I was right! :)
Here's my cute family walking down to the hot springs from our hotel room.
The hot springs were surprisingly large and the hot tub was heavenly! :)The water was so clear and gorgeous!
I love my boys!
I really like this picture of Melia jumping to her Daddy!
They had these fun "jetted chairs" in the hot tub. You could pay $0.25 to turn them on for 10 minutes.
Flashback to the 1800's when Glenwood Hot Springs was first opened.
This kid is a stinker and loves to wander off.
I love this picture of him going under the chain with the big sign "Stairs Closed." Yeah, that's the epitome of Evera's personality!
Thus the reason we need this monkey backpack (ie: kid leash) for this crazy kid!
That night we had dinner at Brew Pub. It was yummy and Evera LOVED the ranch dressing with his breadsticks! :)
All 4 of these crazies fell right to sleep when we got back to the room and in our PJ's.
The next morning we swam a little more at the hot springs and then checked out and headed out to Breckenridge to go to the Ice Castle.
One of my kids' favorite parts of staying in a hotel, is always riding on the luggage trolley! :)
The ice castles were really neat, although it was FRIGID! A giant storm moved over right when we got there.
This was a fun snow-carved alligator the kids could crawl through.
And a fun little tunnel slide too.
I loved how the snowflakes would stay on Evera's long eyelashes.
Seriously, that face.
We had a great time.
I love these crazy kids of mine.










































No comments:
Post a Comment