In July we had our biannual Morgan Family Reunion. Before we headed up to the lake though, we all got together for Kate and Evan's baptism. It was a special day.
Melia was especially excited to get to play with her cousin Lydia. How cute are they?
How cute are these cousins?It was the cutest thing. The little (short) kids went to the front for the family picture and Evera was standing next to Colton. Then I saw him put his arm around him. Oh my gosh I was dying. He is the sweetest boy and ADORES Colton. I always wonder what Evera thinks of Colton. I think he knows Colton is an adult, which makes him someone that Evera admires, but he's also little, like Evera, which makes him ULTRA COOL. Sometimes, even when Evera hasn't seen Colton for months, I'll catch Evera randomly walking like Colton. It's not mocking though. It's like he really wants to be like Colton. I love how much he loves Colt!
Also, before going to the lake, Grandma gave all the 4 & 5 year old girls these adorable Elsa dresses from China. The girls were THRILLED!
In the Morgan family, we have a special tradition of passing what we call the PPWs from sibling to sibling. PPW stands for "Permanent Peach Wedgie" and is a pair of overall shorts which were made for Mike's brother Ben by his college girlfriend. They were made for him and his girlfriend to be twinners at Disneyland. (WOW) Unfortunately (fortunately), they never made it on that Disneyland trip (as the relationship dissolved). But the PPWs did not dissolve, and happily live on in the Morgan family. When you receive the PPWs you are to embellish them, and pass them on to another member of the family. Sometimes they'll surprise you at Christmas, or on another occasion. Mike and I have had them for a while so we decided to bring them for the family "Favorite Things" gift exchange. :) It is also a rule that you must take a picture of yourself wearing them before passing them on. :)
Wedgie side view. :) Ev wanted to be in the pictures too! :)
We stayed at the Beaver Creek Lodge in Logan Canyon again this year. We love it there. We walked over to see the horses. Melia enjoyed picking wildflowers with her cousins. She told me she knows why they're called "wild flowers" and that's "because you find them in the wild wild west." :)
I love these guys!
Melia enjoyed trotting around on the horse.
And Ev enjoyed feeding the horses weeds. :)
These cute boys were caught pushing eachother on the swing. How adorable are they? Evera and Kyle did not get along all the time, but when they did it was sure cute.
For a while we couldn't find the girls. I eventually found them in our room...
My favorite part of the reunion though, is always our day at the beach. Unfortunately, that was the day I was coming down with the flu (and I was newly pregnant, but didn't know). Luckily though, before it hit too hard, I got to go jet skiing a few times. I didn't get a picture of me on the jet ski with Melia :( But we did get one of me with my boys. I was so surprised we got Evera to agree to go on the "water motorcycle" with us! And he actually sortof enjoyed it, and wanted to go again later. Melia loved it and had tons of fun.I love this family of ours.

















No comments:
Post a Comment