from Fiddler on the Roof
Wonder of wonders,
Miracle of miracles...
Today is my last day at Internal Medicine. It's a bittersweet day. I think that the doctors didn't even know that I was leaving until today when there was a cake in the lunchroom that said "Good Luck Heather" on it. Dr. Hawkins said he'll see me at the gym (oh joy!) and Dr. Willesen asked me where I was going but when I attempted to answer she was already talking to someone else so...apparently she doesn't care! :) (surprise, surprise!) But the real surprise was Dr. Whittington. I was working up front a few minutes ago and he came up and said, "I've been thinking all day about something to razz you about today, but I haven't been able to come up with anything. So I just wanted to come up and say 'thank you.'" (wonder of wonders...) That was AMAZINGLY out of character for good old Dr. Whittington who seems to not be able to find one thing that he thinks we subordinates do right. So that was nice...or something like that. :)
This is real life. The truth is, I'm not that great at it. But this is it, and it is my life. You want me to post pictures of what I wear every day? You'd have a collaboration of different yoga pants, and oversized t-shirts--some worn multiple days in a row {cringe}! You want to know my toddler lunch meal ideas? They often vary between dino nuggets, pb&j, or ravioli--but hey, at least it's the frozen kind and not Chef Boyardee...although that has made a few appearances! You want pictures of my home decor? Well my house is usually a mess. There are dishes in the sink and laundry to be put away. Most days, with my two crazy sidekicks calling the shots, I don't have time to shower, and rarely even do my hair {am I really admitting this in a public forum?!}! But this is life, and it is my life. And I'm lucky enough to get to share it with an amazing husband and the 3 cutest kids in the world, so no matter how you look it, I'm the luckiest!
Thursday, May 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Where are you going? I want to know! p.s. I'm so happy you have a blog! But kinda sad I didn't know about it until know...
your newest reader,
taren
I just found your blog thanks to Nicole! I'm sorry you had to quit your job, but it sounds like you made a good choice. Congrats on BYU too. (Kind funny your two newest readers are bouth Taryn's!)
I didn't know you guys were bloggers! But no, I was not kidding about that post, and I am dying for the last installment of the books August 2nd. Don't laugh, it's uncle Curt's fault I started reading them at all!
Post a Comment