This is real life. The truth is, I'm not that great at it. But this is it, and it is my life. You want me to post pictures of what I wear every day? You'd have a collaboration of different yoga pants, and oversized t-shirts--some worn multiple days in a row {cringe}! You want to know my toddler lunch meal ideas? They often vary between dino nuggets, pb&j, or ravioli--but hey, at least it's the frozen kind and not Chef Boyardee...although that has made a few appearances! You want pictures of my home decor? Well my house is usually a mess. There are dishes in the sink and laundry to be put away. Most days, with my two crazy sidekicks calling the shots, I don't have time to shower, and rarely even do my hair {am I really admitting this in a public forum?!}! But this is life, and it is my life. And I'm lucky enough to get to share it with an amazing husband and the 3 cutest kids in the world, so no matter how you look it, I'm the luckiest!

Thursday, July 3, 2008

"Working Girl"

by Dolly Parton

She's a mother and wife
and she's proud to be
A working girl I am officially employed...or at least I will be starting September 3. I am going to be a preschool teacher at this preschool here in town. It's even closer to home than my last job so it's perfect. It's an in home preschool run by this really nice woman in her late 40's. She has been doing it for many years now and I've heard rave reviews about the preschool. My friend Rachele said that she had talked to Terri (the woman who runs the preschool out of her home) about getting her son Lincoln into the preschool but she ended up not being able to afford it. That is when the woman said that she could work there and enroll him for free. It ended up not working for Rachele but my friend Nicole kept talking about how her son Jacob goes there and how she loves it. So I asked for Terri's number and called and left a message telling her I had heard that there was an opening and if there still was one I'd be very interested. I was pretty proud of myself for taking that initiative. Rachele had turned down the position about a month ago so I was afraid that it'd be filled already but it wasn't! So starting September 3rd I'll be working Monday, Wednesday and Friday teaching the older preschool class which works out perfectly because I'll be going to school on Tuesdays and Thursdays! My friend Nicole's adorable son Jacob is going to be in my class too so I am totally excited about it. I am nervous, but I can't wait. I really miss working with kids since China. I miss my China kids SO much!

12 comments:

angela said...

Heather, that sounds perfect. I am proud of you for finding your own job - and you will be great at it. Lizzie will wish she was in Aunt Hevver's class (she already does not understand why she can't go to Aunt Stef-nee's in the fall).

You are going to be busy! I hope you are getting a lot of resting and relaxing in now. :> We love you!

BrittanyB said...

Wow! Sounds like a fun job, you'll be a great teacher ;) oh, and I vote be brave! Chop off the hair if you want, it's so much easier to manage ;)

Powell Family said...

Wow, Heather, I'm totally impressed! Way to go! I hope you love it. It sounds just right for you. What are your hours?

Emily said...

Hey lady! I'm glad you shared your blog. Add mine to your list, k? :)

Damoney said...

You are so kindheart, you love kids, Thanks for your help for the Chinese children. welcome back to Beijing again.

Tawna Davies said...

hey...i had no idea you had a blog! It looks fun. Thanks for letting me know. How's life?

Brooke and Jeremy said...

Hi Heather! I have not talked to you in so long! It seems like you are doing well.
You can check out my blog as well at jandbhallows.blogspot.com

Steph said...

I hope you love teaching. I think that is great.
However, you did just mention what city you live in and that you are 10 minutes from that place. Watch out!

Chris and Em said...

Heather, I found your blog... SO cute! Didn't you and your husband go to China last year? I want to hear about it! I can't believe its been two years since I have been back!!!

Steph said...

Hey! So this probably isn't the place to respond to your comment, but I fixed Matt's section. I was missing a picture. You must be the only person who actually has read my blog! Pretty funny.

Brooke and Jeremy said...

You are working at a preschool!!! How fun! I am sure you will love it.
P.S. I wish I could say I made the background for my blog, but I am not that good. I got is at thecutestblogontheblock.com

corrine said...

Heather congrats on your new job! :) I just opened my hotmail for the first time in like 3 months and saw the email from you about your blog. I'm so glad I did! I just read through all of your posts and it's really fun to see what you've been up to! Wish I would have known though when you came down to Disneyland because we live about 20 minutes away, so next time you come you'll have to let me know! I would love to see you!