When green is all there is to be
It could make you wonder why
But why wonder, why?
Wonder, I am green and it'll do fine.
It's beautiful!
And I think it's what I want to be.
I decided that after my "5 Little Speckled Frogs" post (which really would be a better title for this post) I needed to post some pictures of our little friend, Tiny Tim, and share some more stories about him and all his speckled friends. First of all, here are some pictures to show you his sheer tinyness.
Picture 1: Timmy and my giant thumb. Actually I don't have a giant thumb, he just really is that small. So cute.
Pictures 2: Timmy in his jar. This is a normal size (not large) ranch dressing (Light House to be exact) lid full of water. He is so little.
Picture 3: Chief freaked out when we showed him Timmy. In this picture he's trying to paw at his jar to get him.
Picture 4: Chief just staring at Timmy.Anyway, we actually ended up catching another froggie, one that was just a little bigger than Timmy. We tried feeding them all sorts of things from "frog food" from the store to grasshoppers, beetles, crickets, wasps, spiders and flies, but the ONLY thing they'd eat was live flies. They had to be alive and flying. Well believe it or not we could not get many flies to come into our house. It seems that when you don't want flies around they're all over, but when you actually want them in your house they're nowhere to be found! We only caught 2 the whole time we had the froggies (which was about a week) so I bet they were pretty hungry.
I had my little niece Caylie over and we found another frog in the garage. This one was quite a bit larger. When I picked him up it was like he exploded with liquid and my hands were soaked. I thought he must've peed on me so I dropped him. Then Caylie got him with paper towels. He did the same thing! Anyway, we brought him in but decided we didn't want to keep him cause whatever the heck he was doing on us was kindof gross! So we decided to see what Chief would do if we put him on the floor (because Chiefer kept freaking out about the other froggies). So we put the big frog on the floor and Chief immediately chomped on him. I guess he never bit on him but he got him in his mouth. I screamed and Chief dropped him and was foaming at the mouth. So I'm assuming that this liquid that explodes from the frog when we pick him up was some sort of defense mechanism. Well he used this on Chief and apparently it worked. Chief was foaming like crazy and started shaking his head with his tongue out. This foam was flying all over the kitchen. Yeah it was pretty disgusting! Needless to say we let that crazy frog go. A few days later we let Tiny Tim and the other froggie (who never got a name) go free too.
3 comments:
That little guy is so cute it makes me want one! You are way braver than I thought letting that gross one hop all over your house!
that is really funny that the dog spit it out. Kind of gross you have to clean up all the foam. It is such a cute little dog
Post a Comment