Our summer love
Will keep us
Warm long after
Our autumn goodbye,
Autumn goodbye,
Autumn goodbye.
Sad but true, summer is really over. I know, I know, it has been for a long time--I just always hate admitting it. Even more sad but true, right now it's actually looking like autumn has already said goodbye too. With 2 inches of snow covering our lawn it looks like if winter isn't here yet, it's sure on its way. As one last autumn hurrah, last weekend Mike and Spencer and I went up the Alpine Loop behind the temple to see the leaves. Well...we were a bit late, but we got some fun pictures and it was pretty nonetheless.
About a month or so ago, Mike and I drove down to Mt. Pleasant for his aunt's mission farewell. I was astonished at the breathtaking view of the leaves. I have lived in Utah my entire life and I've watched the leaves on the mountains change from a far, but I have never actually "gone to see the leaves." Honestly, the view on our way to Mt. Pleasant was quite possibly the most beautiful sight I've ever seen. I could not believe the gorgeous colors. It was amazing. Unfortunately when we drove down to Mt. Pleasant I didn't have a camera with me. So although our attempt at reliving that beauty last weekend didn't turn out so well, here are some of our pictures.
This first picture was taken up by the Draper temple. I thought this bridge with the trees was so pretty. Seeing how it was just the three of us (and Chief too) I set up the tripod and set the camera on timer. I had 10 seconds from pushing the button to run from where the camera was to where the guys were. I was pretty proud of myself for making it there and managing to smile. It was quite the run. :) (Keep in mind the camera is zoomed in as far as it goes.)
As they pulled into the parkinglot a family with a photographer witnessed me--8.5 months pregnant--running to get a family picture. Their photographer offered to take a few pictures of our family.
Just as a side note and little question, I just keep debating if writing the captions above or below the pictures is better. Any thoughts on the topic? I think most people put the captions below the picture and I've always kindof liked them more above the pictures unless I have too much to worte. Anyway, let me know your thoughts. Thanks!
4 comments:
LOVE the pics. Fall is my fav. time to take pics. You look so good!!! I'm excited to see how stinkin' cute she is going to be:)
I'm usually an under the picture captioneer. Beautiful pictures. I'm quite impressed that you were running at 8.5 months pregnant. You don't even look flushed.
Too bad you didn't let Spencer take that stick home. That would have been a fun car ride :)
I put my captions above the pictures so you can read it and then see the picture. Sometimes when people write below the pic and there are multiple pictures you have to scroll back up to see what they were talking about.
Anyway- beautiful pictures. I am glad you got some family ones. It is hard to want to take pictures at that stage of pregnancy but you look adorable.
I am so sorry that you have been sick and in the hospital! That sounds terrible! Thanks for the advice. I am glad you have heard about babywise because it really is the best book for new mothers! We did it and Kade was sleeping nine ours by 5 weeks and he has been sleeping 12 hours since about 3 months. So when Kade gets up I dont feed him, which is what the book tells you. But he gets up to play and I have no idea how to force him not to ha! I have been going in there to make sure he still has his blankets on because I don't want him to be cold, and to give him his binki. So we are going to put him in a kids sleeping bag so he cant get out and then put a space heater in the room then I wont go in. I'm sure he will scream but it should take too long. THanks for the advice and I hope you get feeling better soon!
Post a Comment