Never before has someone been more
Unforgettable in every way,
And forevermore that's how you'll stay.
This post is mostly for my own benefit than anyone else's. I plan to someday (hopefully soon) make the blog posts I've made into a book to keep as a "journal" for the future. So I am posting some pictures from my grandma's funeral just so I can have them in my book.
The setup at the funeral was really nice with all the pictures and flowers. I love these pictures of my grandma and grandpa and the one in the middle of my dad as a child. On the left there's also a picture of my dad's sister, Star as a child too.
When my grandfather died, I guess my dad took my grandma to pick out his casket and also to discuss what kind she would eventually want. Her only request was that it was completely white inside. I thought this beautiful white casket was perfect for her. It was of course white inside too.
Everyone in my family who was in attendance participated in the funeral in some way. My mom gave the opening prayer. My dad, my brother Jeff, and my sister Kristy all spoke. My sister Stephanie and her son Matt sang a duet of "In This Very Room" which was amazing, and her two younger sons, Mike and Bronson signed it. It was so stinkin cute to have the two of them (ages 9 and 5) up there doing the sign lanugage. All the grandchildren (and our spouses)--except my brother Jeff because apparently he cannot sing worth beans..., and all the great-grandchildren sang "A Child's Prayer." My cousin Natalie sang "Unforgettable," and I gave the closing prayer. Don't ask me whose idea it was to have the pregnant lady go last...I had cried so much I was nervous, but it all turned out fine.
As you can see, it was a beautiful day. Here are the pall bearers carrying the casket. It was neat to have my dad, husband, brother, and all my brothers-in-law as pall bearers. Also my aunt's ex-husband, Steve, who my grandma always adored, and also my grandma's nephew, Mont.
You can see all the pall bearers better in this picture. On the far side from left to right (back to front) there's my brother-in-law, Ben; "uncle" Steve; my dad; and Mont. Then on the close side there's my brother-in-law, Troy; my brother, Jeff; my husband, Mike; and my brother-in-law, Loren.
Here's my dad placing his rose on my grandmother's casket at the cemetery.
I loved the way the casket almost seemed to glow in the sunlight. It really was beautiful!
Here's a closer look at the beautiful roses she had on her casket. 
1 comment:
Your post's about your Grandma are so sweet. She seems like an incredible person. My Grandma died last year and someone told us this quote "When someone you loves becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure". So perfect for perfect grandmas huh!! Your baby is coming so soon! It is good that she is getting some quality time with your Grandma befor she gets here.
Post a Comment