The above picture is the invitation to the shower. It was the cutest invitation I've ever seen for anything! Zelpha is my mom's mom and that first picture is her. The second is my mom and the third is me. Don't we all look so much alike? I absolutely loved this invitation. Props to my amazing sister Stephanie for creating it.
Here are a bunch of the women at the shower. I think I am introducing people in this picture.
Here are a couple of little blankets my mom made for the baby. The first one is flannel on one side with little teddy bears on it and the other side is pink Minky fabric. I absolutely LOVE Minky, it is so soft! The second of the blankets is flannel on both side and both sides have different Strawberry Shortcake patterns. Not only is it Strawberry Shortcake, but it's the ORIGINAL Strawberry Shortcake (or what I always referred to as Strawp) which was always my FAVORITE! I love Strawberry Shortcake!
This is a lamp my mom gave me. It goes with the baby's bedroom set which is yet to be seen in photos on the blog. I am waiting until I get all her shelves up before I take the final photos of the room. This picture doesn't do the lamp justice though because you cannot see the little butterfly that hangs down from the lamp. It's what you pull to turn it on and it is so dang cute.
This is the blanket and burp cloths that my Aunt Mary made for the baby. I had a "Mary Blankie" when I was a baby too (made by the same aunt). Mine was purple too. I thought these were so cute. They have sheep on them with a black sheep here and there too.
Here's the Mother Goose book and little rabbit my Aunt Doris gave the baby. My little niece, Lizzie, sewed the little box-shaped soft toy on the left side and it has a little bell inside too. It's adorable. The pink monkey isn't from the shower, Mike won it for the baby at Lagoon by getting them to guess his age. They were 4 years off. In the foreground is the "Quiet Book" my sister Stephanie made for me. She sewed the whole thing and designed it all from scratch. It is so stinking cute I was amazed. She really is amazingly creative and crafty!
This is an inside look at some of the pages in the quiet book. Isn't it so cute?
Now I only took pictures of a few of the things I was given, so if you gave me something and it's not on here, don't be offended. I got a ton of other awesome stuff for the baby. My sisters and moms on both sides went in together to get a travel system which is awesome. I also got a Diaper Genie, a Boppy pillow, an adorable monkey blanket, way cute clothes and much more. I seriously came away with an amazing loot. Thanks to everyone who came! I have the best family ever!
1 comment:
Aren't showers the best? It looks like you had a great time with your family and I love all the homemade gifts...they show a lot of love!
Post a Comment