This is real life. The truth is, I'm not that great at it. But this is it, and it is my life. You want me to post pictures of what I wear every day? You'd have a collaboration of different yoga pants, and oversized t-shirts--some worn multiple days in a row {cringe}! You want to know my toddler lunch meal ideas? They often vary between dino nuggets, pb&j, or ravioli--but hey, at least it's the frozen kind and not Chef Boyardee...although that has made a few appearances! You want pictures of my home decor? Well my house is usually a mess. There are dishes in the sink and laundry to be put away. Most days, with my two crazy sidekicks calling the shots, I don't have time to shower, and rarely even do my hair {am I really admitting this in a public forum?!}! But this is life, and it is my life. And I'm lucky enough to get to share it with an amazing husband and the 3 cutest kids in the world, so no matter how you look it, I'm the luckiest!

Friday, November 13, 2009

Baby's Room (FINALLY!)

Now that everything is FINALLY finished, I thought I'd post pictures of the baby's bedroom. I am absolutely in love with it. I cannot imagine it being any more perfect! :) I know, I am not supposed to say stuff like that because I did a ton of the work, but seriously, I am so excited at how it turned out and I am not ashamed to say so! :)

First of all, here are some "before" pictures. I wish I had taken pictures of it when it was the office because then you could really see how much work we had to do, but I just took these when we were starting to paint.







We painted the walls a creamy shell color and painted the bead board white. It took a long time to decide what color to paint the walls but I finally decided to go pretty neutral so that the cute decor could be the focus, not the color of the walls. I even had to paint the ceiling (white of course) which was SUPER HARD and the baby didn't move for 48 hours after doing it. I think it wore her out as much as it wore me out! Mike put up the bead board wainscot with the help of a friend, Bryce. I was so impressed at how the wainscot turned out. Mike was super nervous and hesitant to do it, but it ended up perfect.
I found the bedding and other matching decor online at babysupermall.com. (I also bought parts of it at Babies R Us but most of it was cheaper online.) It's called Angelica by Cocalo. I am so in love with it and when I received it I was even more excited about it. The pictures online did not even do it justice. The bedding is 3 dimensional with butterflies and flower parts that poke out. All the white parts are velvet too. I had no idea of any of this until I opened the package. I seriously am so in love with it!

I found the furniture (changing table, dresser, crib, and crib mattress) on KSL.com. We got a STEAL of a deal. I could not have bought one of the pieces of furniture new for the price that I got all of it for, and it is in awesome condition too! It was soooo proud of myself for finding it. I have pretty much never bought anything secondhand until now and I think I did pretty dang well with this. All the furniture is cherry wood and it is beautiful. We also bought the glider at the neighbor's garage sale. It is cherry wood too and looks perfect with the furniture.

So...(drumroll) here come the pictures. First, here's the crib. One of the ladies in the ward, Peggy, made the adorable crochet quilt hanging over the top of the crib and my mom bought the baby the little doll in the corner. It says "My First Doll" on it.
Here's a look at the room from one angle. As you can see I hung the quilt that goes with the bedding on the wall. It is way too cute to use (and isn't nearly as soft as the little blankets my mom and others made for the baby anyway)! I hung it up with some wooden quilt hangers I found at JoAnn's. Mike stained them to match the furniture in the room. The shelf on the right was my mom's teacup shelf and was actually her mom's before that. It is so cute and has heart-shaped cut outs on the sides. I painted it raspberry to match the closet doors which I also painted to match the rest of the decor.Here's another angle in the room. You can see the closet doors that I painted raspberry to match the decor. I was heistant to do it but my neighbor Linda gave me the idea. Lots of people told me not to do it because they thought it wouldn't look good but with a TON of coats, a lot of time, and using foam brushes, and some help from Linda and my nephew James, it turned out SO good! You cannot see any brush strokes and you can still see the grains of the wood (which I am pretty sure is fake, but you know what I'm talking about). I absolutely love the closet doors and I really think they make the room! I am so happy at how they turned out! In this picture you can also see the glider we bought and the gorgeous re-covering my mom did of the pads. Doesn't it look so great with the decor?
Here you can see the dresser and the changing table and the amazing shelves Mike made. He made them out of just a long board and stained them to match the decor. They look really expensive and are absolutely gorgeous! The shelves also have 3 pegs on them each to hang stuff on. On the left shelf I have the adorable diaper stacker hanging that matches the rest of the decor. In this picture you can also see the cute diaper cake my friend Aubrey made me. I love it!And last but certainly not least, this is my favorite angle of the room (from the door). I am so happy at how it turned out! I seriously just walk by and stand in the door multiple times a day. I am so in love with it!
So there it is! Let me know what you think!

13 comments:

Nikki Taylor said...

Heather...I am IN love with it! The room looks amazing. I am so impressed with all that you did and the killer deals you found! Wow, now we just that beautiful baby to come enjoy her beautiful room! Way to go.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT!!! You did such a good job. I cant wait to make the block name for you, it will look so good in there!!!!

Kirbell said...

So cute, Heather! Now you just need the cute baby to go in it...good luck with everything!

LudvigsonFamily said...

Cute, Cute!

Danelle and Alex said...

Holey smokes!!! You worked hard on that! It looks amazing! What a lucky little girl!

David and Taryn said...

You are so talented. Her room is absolutely adorable! Way to go Heather!

DEALS said...

I love it!! It is so cute, you really did a lot of work.

Natasha said...

Adorable! Good work!

angela said...

Heather, it is BEAUTIFUL. You guys should be proud of yourselves! C'mon, baby! :>

Perry's said...

It is beautiful. You did it so cute. I should have you come do my next babies.. That is when I have another one.

Rebecah Ogden said...

That room is adorable! you did such an awesome job. I need to come over and hold her in that cute room when she comes.

***Julia C. Greenfield Vanikiotis*** said...

LOVE it heather - you guys did an awesome job! What a lucky little baby!!

Tawna said...

It's adorable!! Love it!