This is real life. The truth is, I'm not that great at it. But this is it, and it is my life. You want me to post pictures of what I wear every day? You'd have a collaboration of different yoga pants, and oversized t-shirts--some worn multiple days in a row {cringe}! You want to know my toddler lunch meal ideas? They often vary between dino nuggets, pb&j, or ravioli--but hey, at least it's the frozen kind and not Chef Boyardee...although that has made a few appearances! You want pictures of my home decor? Well my house is usually a mess. There are dishes in the sink and laundry to be put away. Most days, with my two crazy sidekicks calling the shots, I don't have time to shower, and rarely even do my hair {am I really admitting this in a public forum?!}! But this is life, and it is my life. And I'm lucky enough to get to share it with an amazing husband and the 3 cutest kids in the world, so no matter how you look it, I'm the luckiest!

Friday, November 6, 2009

Superwoman!!

I know Superwoman firsthand. And not only that, I had the privilege to grow up calling her "Mom."
Seriously, my mom is absolutely amazing. She truly is Superwoman. She has done so much for me over my lifetime but I've been especially astonished over the past few months at all she has done since I've become pregnant. She really amazes me constantly! Among a million other things she has done recently, here are a few of the awesome thing she has made for me/the baby.
These first 2 pictures are receiving blankets she made for the baby. The first one is pink flannel with teddy bears on one side, satin lining, and pink minky on the back. It is so soft, I know the baby will love it! This second one is flannel Strawberry Shortcake on both sides. It is so stinkin cute and if you didn't know, Strawberry Shortcake is my ALL TIME FAVORITE. I especially love the OLD Strawberry Shortcake and both of these materials are the old one. I am absolutely in love with this blanket.Here is the lightplate switchplate cover my mom made out of the leftovers of the wallpaper boarder from the baby's room. I tried to make it but failed miserably. I brought more wallpaper and the switchplate to my mom's house and told her what I wanted to do. Next thing I knew it was done. And it looks PERFECT! It is so cute.This is the ADORABLE baby blanket my mom made! I picked out the material and I am obsessed with it. It is soooooo cute! It's all these little bumble bees and its says things like, "I beelieve in family" and "I beelieve in bubble baths" and a bunch of other cute stuff like that. It is so colorful and fun. The back matches the ruffle around the edges.
Here's a closer look at some of the panels. My mom sewed around each bee to make them sortof "pop" out a little. It is so adorable.
Here's an upclose of my favorite square. "I beelieve in dancing." Isn't it so cute?!This is the thing that my mom finished most recently. Mike and I bought the below glider from a garage sale at our neighbors' across the street. It is beautiful cherry wood and matches the furniture in the baby's room perfectly. However, the material on it was extremely old fashioned and out of date. So here's a before look at it. And here it is after my mom got her hands on it! :) Isn't it so great?! She did an AMAZING job. Even better than I could've hoped for. The green looks perfect with the room decor and it'll work for a boy baby in the future too. I love the buttons she put on the back to add flair. It is so cute! I really love it and cannot believe how talented my amazing mother is.
Not only did my mom do all of the above things for me and the baby, but in the midst of doing all of this, one day I was complaining to her that I couldn't find a cute table runner for Halloween. So...what did my mom do? She made me one! We went to JoAnn's and found this adorable fabric for pillows, but with a little bit of my mom's magical creative touch, she designed it into the most adorable table runner ever! Not only did she cut off the borders of the squares and design them into the triangular ends, she also added tassles! It seriously put the finishing touch on all my Halloween decorations! After seeing all of this, no one can argue that my mother is not amazing! Seriously, she truly IS Superwoman and I am so grateful for everything she does for me. If I am even half the mother she is, I'll do just fine! I've learned from the best. I love you Mom!

4 comments:

angela said...

A) Yes, your mom completely ROCKS and not only is she the greatest mom, she is the most AWESOME mother-in-law too (seriously, I would put her up against ANYONE). B) The bee blanket is DARLING. That may be my favorite one yet, of all the grandchildren. (I still love Lizzie's pink/green/yellow one very very much, though...)

Your room looks so great!

Taren said...

oh my goodness, i love the light switch! and the rocking chair! SO CUTE!

David and Taryn said...

Those blankets are so precious! I really love the bee one. I can't wait to see pictures of your baby's room. I am still trying to get ours put together. It probably won't be done until after she is born!!

Steph said...

Yes, mom is great. However . . .She should have made each of us that darling Halloween table runner. I am jealous.