This is real life. The truth is, I'm not that great at it. But this is it, and it is my life. You want me to post pictures of what I wear every day? You'd have a collaboration of different yoga pants, and oversized t-shirts--some worn multiple days in a row {cringe}! You want to know my toddler lunch meal ideas? They often vary between dino nuggets, pb&j, or ravioli--but hey, at least it's the frozen kind and not Chef Boyardee...although that has made a few appearances! You want pictures of my home decor? Well my house is usually a mess. There are dishes in the sink and laundry to be put away. Most days, with my two crazy sidekicks calling the shots, I don't have time to shower, and rarely even do my hair {am I really admitting this in a public forum?!}! But this is life, and it is my life. And I'm lucky enough to get to share it with an amazing husband and the 3 cutest kids in the world, so no matter how you look it, I'm the luckiest!

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

"Happy Birthday"


I'm a little late on this post, but it was Mike's birthday about 2 weeks ago and I wanted to do a little post in his honor. Mike really is (in my completely unbiased opinion) the greatest husband and father in the world. (Well...with the exception of my amazing Dad, who was the best dad I could've had; but Mike is the best for Spencer and Melia and the rest of those little ones down the road...)

Here are some pictures of Mike just being an amazing dad and the awesome guy that he is.

This is one of my favorites. Mike took Melia out in the frame pack to weed the backyard and give me a little break. She fell sound asleep.

Morning hair. SO FUNNY! I wish you could see Mike's morning hair better here--it's almost as good as Melia's...although not quite.

Melia loves to sleep on Daddy's chest, and most of the time Daddy falls asleep too. :)



Spencer really adores his dad too!

Mike is such a great sport. He loves to play with the kids. Here he is playing Nintendo with Spencer. Melia was loving being a part of the action. (I love that little hand up reaching for the screen.)

Crossing the monkey bars with his nieces and nephews.

Ice skating with Spencer at my family's Christmas skating party. (Actually the party is for the Bonneville Radio Group but we pretend it's just for our family!)

And playing Rock Band with my nieces and nephews.

One of Mike's many AMAZING talents that not many people know about is paper mache. Here's the AMAZING R2D2 pinata Mike made for Spencer's 7th birthday and the AWESOME clone trooper helmet Valentine's box he made for Spencer's 2nd grade Valentine's party.

I was smitten with Mike from the VERY beginning. The first day he walked into my office I knew there was something about him! And he was so hot! (STILL IS!) This is one of the first pictures taken of us at my going away party before I left for China back in 2005.

Mike and I have always had so much fun together and I love to laugh with him.

Mike is so smart and professional but I love that he can be a complete goofball too! That is my headband on his head and his pants are tucked into his socks. I'm not sure why he was doing this--I guess just to make me laugh. I'm pretty sure that was a horrible day for me back in 2006. He always knows how to make me feel better.

And he was even willing to pose for this poster that my sister took for my bridal shower. "Pin the Kiss on Mike"

Mike really is the sweetest husband in the whole world. Sometimes every now and then he makes me smoothies (which I LOVE) and brings them to me in bed in the mornings. He has no idea how much it changes my ENTIRE day when he does this (not to mention the extra nourishment it provides)! :) Here's a picture of him singing Ben Folds' "The Luckiest" to me at our wedding reception (thus our blog title).

Mike is willing to do things for me, at least once, that he'd never do otherwise. Like rock a U of U t-shirt! :) Oh yeah--and a bandana and leather jacket. (He actually ended up loving that leather jacket we bought and still wears it regularly.) This was just before my sorority Harley Party.

And go jet skiing. Mike HATES jet skiing, and most other water sports. Which is unfortunate for me because I LOVE WATER SPORTS--I mean I'm not good at any of them, but I just really love being out on the boat or the jet skis or swimming or anything that has to do with the water. At any rate, he tries to humor me as much as possible.

I'm so grateful for all the amazing adventures we've had together!
Bear Lake

Mexico

Hawaii

China

(Everyone loves Mike, even the Chinese kids who didn't know him. The little preschoolers lined up to hug him. It was pretty stinkin cute!)
California

He REALLY is the most amazing husband and father in the whole world!

This little snuggle monkey sure loves her daddy!

I love you always and forever! Happy 37th birthday babe!

3 comments:

Sally Williams said...

You are definitely blessed. Mike is a good man. We are still eternally grateful for him helping Jon with his math.

Tenille Gates said...

Happy Birthday Cousin Mike! Youguys are so stinkin cute together!..Gotta love Mikes paper mache making skillz ;0) Hope he had a good one!

Taren said...

I have such good memories of hearing mike stories/updates in China! in fact, those older (pre-china) pics of you two always remind me of China... just cuz they were plastered all over your wall! ;)
Speaking of China, I never got to see the pics of your trip to China! Are they anywhere to be seen?