This is real life. The truth is, I'm not that great at it. But this is it, and it is my life. You want me to post pictures of what I wear every day? You'd have a collaboration of different yoga pants, and oversized t-shirts--some worn multiple days in a row {cringe}! You want to know my toddler lunch meal ideas? They often vary between dino nuggets, pb&j, or ravioli--but hey, at least it's the frozen kind and not Chef Boyardee...although that has made a few appearances! You want pictures of my home decor? Well my house is usually a mess. There are dishes in the sink and laundry to be put away. Most days, with my two crazy sidekicks calling the shots, I don't have time to shower, and rarely even do my hair {am I really admitting this in a public forum?!}! But this is life, and it is my life. And I'm lucky enough to get to share it with an amazing husband and the 3 cutest kids in the world, so no matter how you look it, I'm the luckiest!

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

"Round and Round the Pumpkin Patch"

Pumpkins slim and pumpkins fat
Hanging on a vine
I will choose a special one
Which one will be mine?
Round and round the pumpkin patch
Round and round we go...

Most of the time Mike and I spend "together" consists of me sitting on the couch next to this:   (give or take the dog licking himself...)
Mike is at school or work 90% of the time, and when he is home he is so beat he just falls right to sleep.

Last Saturday, however, was different.  We had a very busy, fun day.  The first half of the day was FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL!  Spencer is getting better and better and is so fun to watch.  He is #47.
 Melia enjoyed playing in the dirt at Spencer's game.  Notice how she's surrounded by grass but somehow is drawn straight to the dirt!  Isn't her pumpkin hat adorable?!  I got it at one of my baby showers before she was born. 

Melia also had her first taste of CHOCOLATE!  She got it all over her face and Chief wanted to lick it off her hands.

Shortly after our full day of football, we went and met our friends Aubrey and Bryce and their little girl Jayda at the pumpkin patch!

I assume most of you know that pumpkins are first beautiful orange flowers.  I only learned that a couple of years ago though!  I think that pre-pumpkin flowers are soo pretty!

 Melia had so much fun the whole night and was such a ham! 
 Spencer complained and acted like he wasn't going to have any fun at all with our friends and the little girls and a lame old pumpkin patch, but I'm pretty sure he had a blast!  :)  He was sooo sweet with the girls too.
Pretty sure Jayda had a blast too!  :)
 Melia is giving Jayda kisses.  She's just learning how to give kisses and it's pretty stinkin cute even though sometimes they're more like licks than kisses.
 How stinkin cute are these girls.  I love Jayda's smile.
 I absolutely love this picture of Aubrey and Bryce.
 Mike was so sick of pictures that he wouldn't let me get one of us in this same spot, so I just got one of Spencer.  :)  LOVE THIS BOY!

 Can you see that adorable look on Jayda's face??!  The girls got along SO well it was so much fun!

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Those are all such cute pictures in the wheelbarrow! Looks like fun. I miss seeing you at frisbee games--it sounds like Mike is WAY too busy for that!